Tuesday, 26 August 2014

EXO The Lost Planet Experience ♥

Welcome to EXO Planet!

23rd August 2014. EXO's first solo concert came to Singapore!
Days before the concert, I was already excited and was already totally looking forward to it! Thanks to Vaneh, we managed to get pretty good tickets with good queue which would allow us to enter the pit earlier. Of course, we were quite sure that once the concert began, our standing positions wouldn't really matter. Haha.

I'll be writing about what happened on the concert day and will try to write in proper English and not in whatever spazzing fangirl language I sometimes use >< Hahahaha. No keyboard smashes, promise.

Before the concert

We decided to meet for lunch since this time round there were queue numbers so we didn't need to queue overnight or anything like that. I thought it was a good idea as it prevents like all the unnecessary waiting around and prevents arguments and fights. Just like every other concert, fan sites would release information of where to get those fan project banners and items before the concert starts. So our plan was to have lunch and then collect all these various banners.

Some photos we took when we were still looking fresh and alive.


Some of the banners we collected.

Wefie!


The official EXO Planet trailer. Apparently these trailers can be shipped or something.

On the overhead bridge waiting for LT. Look at the people everywhere ><

It totally didn't help that the weather was so hot and humid. It looked like it was going to rain but thankfully it didn't.

Notice the police car in the photo above. Yes, there were a few police cars around probably to control the crowd that were gathering illegally at some places where people were giving out fan project banners and stuff. Maybe even because people were constantly jay walking when there was an overhead bridge.

In the queue

The queue for the standing area opened at 4pm. We arrived there and asked the ushers what we were supposed to do. We were told to arrange ourselves according to the queue number on the ticket so that's exactly what we did. We asked the people in the queue what their queue number was and then we were shocked by their response. We got rude stares and they told us they were in that section and we could just sit anywhere. Was there a need to be so secretive about the queue number? Definitely didn't get the memo.

So anyway, we sat and waited and eventually we got arranged according to our queue number.

The queue for Pit A. All of us in the tunnel.

Our position from the front of the queue. We were pretty near the front ^^

It was pretty stuffy since there wasn't much ventilation in the tunnel but so super thankful to the fan bases that handed out fans. They were totally useful ♥ I literally fanned myself continuously for an hour while sitting there. I think my sister and Leho fell asleep.

Around 5.45pm, they closed the queue so whoever came after that would have to queue at the back instead of following the queue number on the ticket. Though I think on that day, they were being lenient and they let some people into the queue just after the deadline.

Soon after, we proceeded onto bag checks, then ticket checks and we were let into the Standing Pit. We were in Pit A which was on the left side facing the stage or stage right. Anyone reading this and were also in Pit A, holla!

Photo of us in the pit still looking rather alive and... dry...

We had pretty good location! If you can see, we were part of the second row behind the barricade and right in front of camera number 1! It was about 6.15pm when we found out spots and we practically just stood there waiting for the concert to begin at 7.30pm. The people holding seat tickets started filling the stadium only around 7pm.

I thought they let us in too early. Usually for the past concerts, the seat tickets holders would be let in first followed by the standing tickets. So once the standing pits were filled, they wouldn't have to stand and wait so long before the concert began.

Hmm maybe the Korean side wanted to take the time to find the lucky fan to go on stage with EXO. Yes, she was from our pit. She was pretty near us so we saw how she looked like. Not only that, remember I mentioned the fan that was rude? Yeah, guess who it was. Well well well, sometimes it really doesn't pay to be nice >< Anyhow... all I can say is... she's really young! And well... tiny! I think the Korean security fella from Dream Security Team and some SM fella chose her cos she's small! The security guard from the Singapore side literally lifted her up over the barricade and then put her back. Of course the pit was in a total frenzy after she got chosen. The SM fella just asked her, "你会讲华语吗?" or "Can you speak Chinese?" and that how she was chosen. I thought EXO would be asking her some really difficult questions but they just asked her 2 simple questions that required a word answer each.

Moving on! The concert began rather on time, surprisingly!

During the concert

Just as the sponsors video started rolling, the whole stadium already exploded with cheers and shouts! When they turned off the lights, that was when the super loud cheering began. It continued until EXO showed up on stage.

I'll just briefly talk about the experience before uploading the photos we took. So bear with the word diarrhoea before the photo spam :)

Sadly, I don't remember most of the songs that they performed cos I was totally focusing on their faces and how handsome they are in person! I mean I've seen Jongdae before when we were waiting outside the SM building back in June (I'll be writing what happened in the series of posts on Korea) and he was super duper handsome! Minseok was totally handsome as well! It's like I cannot even remember anything other than their handsome faces! I was shouting like, "Ahhhhh so handsome!" or "Ahhhhh so sexayyyyy!!!" like most of the time. Needless to say, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho and Luhan were like... I've no words to explain how good they looked. Where do SM find their people, seriously.

Anyway, by the 3rd song, Vaneh, LT and my sister weren't standing next to Leho and I anymore. We still maintained our second row spot behind the barricade. But people kept pushing and they kept squishing us that I gave my spot up and moved to the middle where Vaneh, LT and my sister were chilling. We still could see them closely and it was slightly better as people weren't pressed up against me and I could see more members at once. Plus, I could even feel the aircon! So, the pit isn't that a bad place to be!

We could easily go to all the different corners whenever an EXO member walked cos we were in the middle. I didn't need to be like super close to them, I just needed to see them, that was good enough for me. I mean being squashed into the barricade and being so close to the members isn't all that worth it since EXO probably won't remember your face anyway. Being able to see more of their handsomeness sounded like a better deal to me. Plus, it wasn't that bad since Luhan waved in my direction and he immediately jumped to the top of my nonexistent bias list ♥

What was kind of annoying was how strict the security was. They didn't allow us to take photos or videos even if we used our phones! The security personnel were even roaming our pit catching people who were taking photos >< But of course, there were some sneaky fansite noonas in our pit. They managed to escape the security by I don't know, ninja-ing themselves around the pit with their humongous cameras with humongous lenses. Mad skills, really. But I wouldn't say they're the nicest. They really just run and shove you however they like.

The boys, though they were still somewhat awkward with fans, maybe they don't know how they should interact with fans in the pits yet but nonetheless they tried speaking in English like most of the time! Tao's English was really adorable. He said something like, "I like English. English is important but no time." And Joonmyeon wanted to show us his patience haha which of course he meant, passion. But he was really good at the start! Using words like beautiful and wonderful and ending with "this is my limit". Hehehe. Totally dorky but such a cutie. Baekhyun obviously was trolling as usual. When the translator translated what they said, he would respond with something like, "Okay" or "Thanks". Always such a troll. It was nice to hear the Chinese members speak in Chinese. I really like how smoothly they speak it. Hehehe.

I can't really remember anything else about the concert other than the AWESOME DANCING, AWESOME SINGING, AWESOMELY HANDSOME FACES!!! So I'll just get on with the photo spam!

Disclaimer: None of us are fansite masters and we probably can't be one anyway >< You'll see why. Enjoy~

Peter Pan

Peter Pan

Overdose

Overdose

Wolf

Wolf

Wolf

Wolf

Wolf

Growl

Growl

Ending ment.

Ending ment.

Ending ment. Talking about EXO L.

Ending ment. Chanyeol & Sehun moment.

Now you know why we can't be fansite masters >< LOL

After the concert

My arms and legs were aching. My ears were ringing and my throat dry. I think my ears didn't stop ringing till like the day after. I don't know if they were ringing from the loud music or from people screaming into my ears ><

They showed one last VCR like behind the scenes while preparing for the concert. We thought it was to stall for time to allow EXO to pack and leave safely. But of course as people cleared the stadium, it was another selfie time!

That's us! Looking rather sticky and cui.

One last shot of the stage.

We didn't hesitate leaving the pit and walking rather quickly out of the stadium. I don't know if we avoided the people jam but it was good unlike SMTOWN where it took us like 30 mins till we finally got to leave the venue.

Appa picked us up and hehe clever me texted him to get drinks before everyone swarmed over. Hehehe. Leho came over to our house for a sleepover and of course we couldn't help playing with the really cool finger lights!

Ta-da! Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Sehun & Minseok on the wall.

Hehehe behind the scenes of the above shot! Leho had to adjust all the 4 finger lights properly before we could get a good shot.

What my friends had to say about the concert

Leho: Daebak
Vaneh: The whole night felt like I flung myself off a building only to climb back up and fling myself off it again.
Jo: It was definitely worth the time and cash.

On the whole, I can only describe the concert briefly. It felt like a dream and I just woke up from it. It's Tuesday now and it still feels like so surreal. Like yesterday, I felt like I was going to work after I just came back from a holiday.

I hope that at the next EXO concert, if they were to come here again, they would have more interaction and fan interaction. It wouldn't kill to see more waves and smiles! Hehehe.

I think it'll take me quite some time to get over all these EXO feels. Hehehehe.

Overdosed.

xoxo, Fid♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment