Sunday, 31 August 2014

토요일 Tunes #10 Super Junior Special ♥

This week, we'll have another special song recommendation to celebrate...
Super Junior's 7th album MAMACITA!
We'll continue with the usual random song recommendations next week! Hehehe. But first, let's get on with this week's songs!

It's Super Junior's 8th year of being in the industry and they've released 6 full albums, countless mini albums and singles. So once again choosing an ultimate favourite song was difficult!

Just like the week before, I've asked some of my ELF friends to help me by giving me their top favourite Suju song, the reason why it's their favourite song and their other favourite Suju songs. Amanda and Dru didn't seem to have that much of a problem choosing as compared to Vaneh and I.

And I choose these friends cos I got to know them cos of Super Junior! Hehehe. And of course, we are still close friends now! Not only that, Amanda was the person who designed this lovely blog skin ^^ can never credit her enough! So that's why this week's special will be featuring them!

Let's begin!

#1 Sorry Sorry



내가 미쳐 미쳐 baby
Dru chose this one! She said, "It's the first song I heard and gahhhhhh I love the dance and that whole album and Hyuk's hair."

I think this was around the same time I found out about Super Junior. My sister introduced SHINee to me first and we both got into Kpop that way. Super Junior was promoting Sorry Sorry at that time and little did we know that that would be the start of our fangirl life. I never liked any other group more than Suju after watching them in concert. Totally can't wait for SS6! I got to know Dru cos of Super Junior as well! That's a whole new story!

Back to talking about the song! I really liked Sorry Sorry! I mean it was so catchy and like the song that made Suju internationally known! It's super catchy and I think anyone can listen to it since well children here probably won't understand the Korean lyrics anyway. The lyrics are talking about well apologising for falling for a woman or like falling under a spell and being totally attracted to her, something like that. It's kind of random and the lyrics are repeated.

I think most people know Super Junior for this song and the dance moves. It'll forever remain a classic.

So here Dru's list of favourite Suju songs with reasons:
Marry U (IT'S SJ-ELF THEME SONG)
Why I like you (I love the dance and Hyuk in it)
It's you (My favourite MV!! And the song is just so ♥ I cannot even explain)
Spy (Cause I think it's an adorable tune and I love the whole spy 007 concept)

She definitely put quite a lot of thought into those reasons and you can probably tell who her favourite member is just from her reasons!

#2 해바라기 (Sunflower)



휘파람 불며 하나 둘 셋
This song was chosen by Amanda! She said, "It's my favourite genre and it's happy and Donghae's voice sounds so sweeeeeet. Also it's a super underrated song of SJ. Not many people pay attention to it! The lyrics were also really cute."

I have to agree with her! The lyrics are really cute! It's like a simple but cute love story. I like how they referred to the guy as a sunflower. It's a good use of imagery. I can totally imagine Suju dressed up as sunflowers and following a girl around. That would make a totally cute MV wouldn't it?

I also agree that this song is one of those that people just overlook. So since it's included in this song recommendation post, please check it out! :> Actually the songs in this Mr Simple album are pretty good so check them all out!

Her other favourite Suju songs: Sorry sorry, 너라고 (It's You), Superman, 여행 (A Short Journey), 너로부터 (From U).

#3 너라고 (It's You)



다른 사람 필요 없어 난 그냥 너라고
This is Vaneh's choice! What she had to say about the song, "Hands down the best performance song of SJ. Great choreography! And the mv was awesome too, one of the first MVs to do a one-take before Growl popularised it"

Honestly, I like this song but it's not one of my favourites. I've no idea why either. It just doesn't click well with me somehow. I mean at the time when it was released, I was singing to it and I watched the MV many times but I don't quite fancy listening to it as often as the other songs. I mean everyone's like that though, you'll like some and just not like some. I think this was the first comeback I saw after getting to know Super Junior. And Kibum was still around for this album.

Just like the MV, the lyrics tell a sad tale. It's just basically saying that there can be nobody else but the person he has fallen for. Which also explains the title, It's You. I really like the part of the song where they go, "Tick tick" cos it's kind of cute. Hehe.

Favourite songs: Spy, 둘이 (You & I), 어느새 우린 (Good Friends), 아주 먼 옛날 (Song For You).

#4 너로부터 (From U)



늘 고맙고 사랑한다
This is my favourite song! It was a tough fight between this song and 너 같은 사람 또 없어 (No Other). I think these 2 songs would be my ultimate top favourites plus a few others like Loving You and 无所谓 (My Love For You). But it's actually really difficult to decide, I love so many of their songs! Too many ><

I really like 너로부터 (From U) because it was a song written for ELF. I heard it for the first time during a VCR I think in SS3 before it was released as an official song in the 6th album. It was the composer who sang it in the VCR and it sounded even better when they sang it themselves. I really love the lyrics as well! I mean it's a song that ELF can relate to so of course we would find the lyrics meaningful.

I really love the live performances for this song. The dance is just awesome!! It's like so cute and so Super Junior! Totally reflects their style. And if I'm not wrong, it was the album just before Leeteuk left for the army. And yes, I hope they'll perform this at Super Show 6, it's my dream to hear and watch this song live.

My other favourite Super Junior songs: 너 같은 사람 또 없어 (No Other), Loving You, Blue Tomorrow, 无所谓 (My Love For You), Superman, Spy, Walkin', Shining Star, Marry U, 둘이 (You & I), Listen to You, 아직도 난 (Still You), etc. I could add more songs since I'm the one writing this post and I didn't want to trouble my friends to give me their full favourite list so I asked them for at least 5 favourites. Hehehe.

That wraps up this week's song recommendation. It's a day late though! ><
Please do check out the songs listed in this post! I promise you wouldn't regret it! ♥

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment