Saturday, 23 August 2014

토요일 Tunes #9 EXO Special ♥

It's Saturday and it's time for another Kpop song recommendation post! Instead of the usual 토요일 Tunes, this week's one will be special! Why?
EXO The Lost Planet. 23rd August 2014. 
That's why! :)

So I'm writing this in advance as I'll be spending the whole day out at the concert venue waiting for it to start. Hehehe. It might be like the highlight of the year! Other than our trip to Korea of course. I'm like super hyped about this concert since I didn't attend Super Show 5 last year as I was on exchange in Boston.

Anyway, since it's a special post, I decided to do something... well... special. Instead of recommending one song like normal, I'll be recommending 4 songs! I asked Vaneh, Leho and my sister for their top #1 favourite EXO song. So I'll be writing about their favourite songs and mine!

And why did I choose these 3 friends? We'll be going to the concert together! And we talk about everything related EXO together! :>

So let's get started!

#1 Thunder


Thunder 너를 잡고 싶어~
This was chosen by Vaneh! I asked each of them what they had to say about the song or whatever they liked about the song and this was what Vaneh had to say:

"LOVE AT FIRST LISTEN. And I love Yeol and Jongin and Tao's lines in Thunder."

I've gotta agree with her! The first thing that stood out when I heard the song for the first time was Chanyeol's bass vocals >< You'll be able to see like our very obvious bias list throughout this post.

The tune and beat actually matches up with the lyrics for this song. It sounds like an angry and sad song and it actually tells a sad story of chasing after someone and wanting to catch that someone. I guess they used the imagery of thunder pretty well. Like something you want to catch but won't be able to? Haha am I reading to deeply into it? Anyhow, this song is like my top favourite song from this album other than Overdose and was featured as the background music to my blog just a month ago. Hehehe. Even sang it to the kids at work when it rained. Hehe.

Of course, it's not easy for anyone to choose a favourite EXO song, so here's a list of her favourite EXO songs: Overdose, Growl, Peter Pan and Baby, don't cry!

#2 Baby, don't cry (인어의 눈물)



When you smile, sun shines~
And this song was chosen by Leho! What are her thoughts on this song:

"KUNGSOO'S RUNS. BAEKHYUN'S VOICE. CHANYEOL. JUST CHANYEOL."

Hahaha! I kind of get what she means. I guess we all get excited when we're talking about EXO and of course these boys are really talented.

So apparently we were teased for some time especially since this song wasn't in their debut album but released in their XOXO album. The lyrics are telling a, well, rather sad tale but at the same time there's some sort of comfort. The Korean title for this song, "인어의 눈물", actually translates to "mermaid's tears" so I guess the lyrics would make more sense if it were related to the Little Mermaid story. Though I can't remember how it goes. It had something to do with the mermaid crying and then turning into foam, or something like that. And of course, it sounds really good live as well. Hehehe.

Just like Vaneh, Leho had a hard time choosing a top favourite EXO song. There are just too many songs to love! So her favourite EXO songs include: 나비소녀 (Don't go), Miracles in December, Overdose, Growl, Baby and 너의 세상으로 (Angel).

#3 첫 눈 (First snow)



바보 같은 난 아무 말 못해~
This song was chosen by my sister! Here's what she had to say about the song:

"Sister: I like it cos the live is nice. And Sehun has an audible line in it. LOL.
Me: You can hear Sehun in first snow?
Sister: Yes, the talking is him. LOL."

We don't normally use proper English when we're texting. So I had to rephrase it a little. Don't wanna promote broken English or Singlish >< Hahaha.

I actually really liked all the songs in their Christmas album. I'm not really sure what you call this genre of music, but I really enjoyed listening to both Christmas Day and First Snow. But surprisingly it is a pretty upbeat song that actually has quite sad lyrics. It's something about thinking back on the past on a past relationship, doing things differently if there was another chance. So it's actually quite sad! But it is quite upbeat and the tune is quite cheerful. Definitely a song I would recommend from the EXO Christmas album. A little sad though, that you can only really listen to this album well during the Christmas period.

Just like the others I asked my sister's what her favourite EXO songs were. My sister's favourite EXO songs: What is Love, Peter Pan, Machine and Thunder.

#4 XOXO

사실 내 맘은 깊어 deeper than the sea~
This would be my top pick! I definitely didn't have an easy time picking a favourite song, there's just too many to choose from! It was a tough choice between 너의 세상으로 (Angel) and XOXO. I decided to go with XOXO as it's the song I wake up to every morning. I wake up to Chanyeol's voice everyday ^^v

I actually think the lyrics for this song are like sweet and quite cute at the same time. I really like how the song is upbeat and like cute. And not really surprising but my favourite part is Chanyeol's rap. I quite like Suho's part as well~


"그런 네 마음은 Yes or No
내게 사인을 줘 X or O"


Hehehe. I like how every part goes well with each other and it ties the song nicely together! I think why I like this song the most could be because I've listened to this song and studied the different layers and parts. I did a cover of this song and really fell in love with it after completing it. But of course, it was a tough fight to decide which is my favourite song.

So, here's a list of my favourite EXO songs: 너의 세상으로 (Angel), Growl, Overdose, Christmas Day, Thunder and What is Love.

That's marks the end of this week's Kpop song or songs recommendation post! Hehehe. Hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writing it for you! Totally can't wait to listen to these songs live at the concert that should be ongoing now or already over! Should be writing a post on the concert if I'm able to find my soul back after it ><

Have a good weekend! And enjoy listening to the songs!

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment