Saturday, 11 July 2015

Expectations VS Reality ♥︎

I've been thinking... I've been reflecting on a lot things...

Things never seem to go as planned or they don't turn out the way I expected it to. But does this mean I should stop trying? Does it mean I should stop and not continue?

Most of the time, I'll stop and think. It's not that difficult to...


...even if I fall at least I'll land amongst the clouds right?

There are a few areas where I felt that I've raised my expectations too high that I need to stop for a reality check.

Work Expectations.

So far, I think there were a couple of times I've been discouraged while working. Although I've encouraging and supportive colleagues, there were times I just felt like there was nothing I could do despite being a graduate. Countless times, I've wished I was still studying so I could use that as my excuse when I meet difficult situations. I felt that everything at that point in time didn't go as well as expected.

But I guess I've learned to deal with my expectations. As much as I want to excel at work and maybe aim for some sort of promotion, I should take little steps first and celebrate every achievement. I shouldn't ignore the littlest of achievements and just go ahead to aim for higher goals without first telling myself, 'good job' or 'well done'. I feel that it would just make one lose focus if they don't stop to reflect.

Makeup Expectations.

This is a funny one. Sometimes I watch makeup tutorials or come across a makeup look that I really like, I would try it out the next day. I would expect it to look nice like in the video or in the photo. Does it turn out the way I expected it to? Of course not!

I think when it comes to makeup, it's pretty individualised. You've to be very familiar with your own face shape and face type. I've come to realise that not everything looks good on me even though it looks super good in the video or the photo.

I'm not especially good with my eyeliner. I actually have uneven eyes, right eye with double eyelids and left eye with half of a double eyelid. So drawing eyeliner can be such a hassle sometimes! I've to make sure it looks even and must make sure it's visible on the left eye because that eyelid tends to fold in hiding whatever line drawn. It makes it quite impossible to draw a cat eye!

Thankfully, I've somewhat come up with a routine on how to draw my eyeliner and apply my makeup so I think I'm quite exceptional to be able to apply my makeup within half an hour *applause*

Blog Expectations.

As much as I try my best to blog a few posts every week, it obviously doesn't happen. I start writing on something but the post just sits in my draft folder for the longest time. I think when I was schooling I just had more time to write and take photos and whatever. Now with work and everything, by the time I get home, my energy level is almost close to zero.

That's why I came up with a weekly schedule to ensure that at least once a week there'll be something being posted. So, every weekend there'll be a song recommendation post! I try to be regular in updating that unless I'm on holiday or on medical leave. Heh.

After changing my URL to this one, viewership has decreased quite a bit. Going to take some time for it to pick up again? Not to worry! It won't affect whatever I'm blogging since I blog regardless of how many readers I have. Hahaha so thick skin.



In conclusion, the most important thing about dealing with expectations would also be able to remind myself that everything comes from God. I shouldn't worry too much or expect too much or even be disappointed when I don't achieve something because everything comes from God. Also, if I achieve something, I must remember to thank God as I definitely wouldn't be able to get there without God's guidance and planning ^^

Decided to write this post in hopes of encouraging others and also as a reminder to myself! Hope it was useful to some!

No comments:

Post a Comment