With the whole blog makeover, I've been thinking what kind of name should I give these song recommendation posts. I just stuck with something simple so that people wouldn't get confused. (If there's even anyone reading these posts though I'm sure there are some.)
This week's song we have EXO's My Answer from their 2nd album Exodus!
(I know I shouldn't be recommending so many EXO or Super Junior songs as it's not being objective since they are my favourite groups, but I couldn't get this song out of my head.)
The first time listening to this song, I immediately fell in love with it! I'm slowly realising I do have a style of songs that I like. I shall elaborate more later on in this post.
I think another reason why I like this song so much isn't just because of the melody. The vocals play an important part, to me. If the song has a nice melody, nice lyrics but the vocals aren't that good, I don't think I'll like the song very much. That's why I usually check out the live performances after listening to the track. For EXO, I've been impressed with their vocals since hearing them live. The vocal line, of course.
Although, I like Baekhyun's voice and Jongdae's vocals are pretty impressive too, I'd have to say I like Kyungsoo's sound the most. His voice is just so... Rounded. So soothing and his runs are really impressive too.
With regards to my music style. I like both ballads and sometimes even crazy loud and fast songs. So initially I thought I didn't have a particular style or genre of music that I liked. But I've been liking fast songs that have a strong beat or slow songs that have a nice melody and good vocals. It's not possible to classify it in any genre but it's a preference nonetheless.
That's all for this week's jukebox post! Hope to get back into the swing of posting things here! Stay tuned and come back for next week's jukebox post!


No comments:
Post a Comment