It took me awhile before I started watching this. I think I started watching when there were 12 episodes. It didn't take me long to catch up since each episode was around 10 to 15 minutes.
Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start this review from as this isn't the usual Korean drama. I'll still try to review it the usual way.
The Characters.
Since the EXO members are playing themselves, I don't really have much to comment. I don't know them real life so I have nothing to compare with. Then again, I'm sure they don't live like that in reality so I don't think how they acted their characters are actually how they really are as well.
The female lead, Ji Yeonhee played by Moon Gayoung, is a fangirl of EXO. I guess they needed to exaggerate her actions as there were additional computer graphics to make it look funnier. But her character wasn't developed very well other than the fact that her cheeks turned super red whenever she was embarrassed. (Difficult sorting my thoughts for this review >.<)
Baekhyun, Sehun and Suho also had bigger roles in this drama. I don't know why but only Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Sehun were staying in the house. Baekhyun and Sehun were pretty impressive. It didn't feel like they were acting! I mean compared to Chanyeol, Chanyeol seemed so awkward! And we all already know Kyungsoo can act. I shall not dwell further into Chanyeol's acting. I feel like I could write another entire post on that. Thankfully, it got better as the drama went on.
(Note: All views are my personal views, stated objectively.)
The Plot.
Anyway, it was basically about this fangirl living next door to EXO. And this girl had some sort of past friendship with Chanyeol. But she doesn't remember him. At the same time, Kyungsoo falls for her. Standard Korean drama love triangle. All. So. Predictable.
There were also like funny parts of this drama, like Sehun's relationship with the Yeonhee's brother. I'm not sure what to think of it but it's so absurd it's actually funny. So basically, how this friendship ties in with the plot is that Sehun finds out information from this brother. It plays a major role in the reconciliation of the Yeonhee and Chanyeol.
The Ending.
Well, it was somewhat an expected ending. An open ended ending. Let me summarise: EXO left for tour. EXO moved back. The end.
I mean like the relationship between Yeonhee and Chanyeol wasn't clear at all. It was a 썸 (some) relationship as Koreans would call it. I think they (SM) would prefer it this way so nobody (fans?) would get hurt or angered in the process. But I think the main reason is the short episodes too.
That's all I've to say about this drama! I think the best way to describe this drama would be well, a badly written fanfic. Not that I didn't enjoy watching this drama. Who wouldn't love seeing handsome faces right? It's just that there were many things lacking. But I guess since the main aim of the drama was to promote EXO and the LINE application, I think it met its purpose!
I've completed watching Ex Girlfriends Club and soon to complete Producer, do check out those reviews coming soon on fidfiefofum.blogspot.com!




No comments:
Post a Comment