18th June 2014.Details of our trip are starting to get sketchy by now but I'll try my best to give an accurate recount of what we did and also to provide useful tips and advice!
Myeongdong, Sukira (KBS Building).
If I'm not wrong, this was the day we tried to locate Eunhyuk's cafe, then known as Tous Les Jours. Unfortunately, we arrived in the area but it was too near closing time so we decided to hop into a cab and head to Yeouido for Sukira instead.
I don't think we did very much on Day 7. We basically blocked out this day to just well... Shop. What's a holiday without shopping right? Hahaha. So since we stayed opposite Myeongdong, we spent the bulk of the day combing their streets and emptying our pockets.
We probably started the day out late since we stayed out pretty late the day before, waiting outside the SM Building. If you've not read about our experience, do check it out!
As we started our shopping trip around Myeongdong, we stopped at Olive Young first! This I remember clearly because Olive Young was having a sale! Olive Young is something like a drugstore and in a local context, it's like Watsons. Sadly, I didn't manage to get anything there. But of course, I went crazy at the other road shop brands like Etude House, The Face Shop, Innisfree, etc.
We went back across the street to the side where we were staying on. In front of the subway entrance, there's this Korean restaurant that serves food at a pretty decent price. We ate here the most I think. Of course, we had Macs a couple of times too.
My all time favourite Jjajangmyeon!
Mandu!
Tangsuyok! Which is just sweet and sour pork.
After lunch, we headed to Lotte Young Plaza. It's a new mall that is catered for the younger crowd. It's actually a departmental store I think but selling more... well... fashionable stuff. We went there basically for the SM Popup Store and also StyleNanda.
Address: 81, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 서울특별시 중구 남대문로 81 (소공동)
Yes, we did quite a lot of damage at the SM Pop Up store. I can't remember what we got exactly but we spent quite some time there deciding what to get. Of course, we were happy with our purchases. Hehehe.
We then headed up to StyleNanda to check out their 3CE makeup products. We ended up getting a few items as well. You can check out the items I got and my thoughts on them here.
After leaving Lotte Young Plaza, the 4 of us decided to spilt up and do our own shopping around Myeongdong. I think we spent about an hour or so combing the streets and buying whatever we needed to buy. I went with my sister so we got some gifts for friends and family. And as usual, my sister got some stuff for herself on my tab. Hahaha. That's what older sisters do don't they? They pay for your things.
We met back at the guest house to drop off our things before heading to Macs for dinner! Macs tastes good everywhere!
I usually make it a point to try Macs in whatever country I visit, to like see the difference. In Korea, they have really good coke and fries. Hahaha. It's interesting how the coke is served in a plastic cup. So you have to empty the cup at the counter and separate out your trash for I'm guessing recycling purposes.
After dinner... Here comes the interesting part of our day!
We planned to drop by Eunhyuk's cafe Tous Les Jours before going to Sukira. Since my sister was a fan of Eunhyuk, it was kind of a must visit place.
Address: Digital-ro 26-Gil Street, Guro-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul. High End Building, Uunderground 5B1 Floor, No. 105We took the subway and alighted at Guro Digital Complex station and when we got out of the station... We were feeling pretty lost. It was almost 9pm and we were no where near the cafe, plus the street was rather quiet as well. So we googled for the closing time of TLJ and sure enough, it closes at 9pm!
We stood by the roadside deciding whether we should continue to look for the cafe and try our luck, maybe it would still be open. Eventually, we decided to just catch a cab and head to the KBS Building because we definitely wouldn't make it in time before the closing time. We still needed to walk for some time from the subway station.
Address: 13, Yeouigongwon-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul 서울특별시 영등포구 여의공원로 13 (여의도동)If you aren't taking cab, you can alight at the National Assembly Station and walk for about 15 minutes before arriving at the KBS Building. I've tried walking from Yeouido Station back in 2012 and it's definitely a further walk!
Usually if there are special guests then I think there would be a need to book a spot beforehand. Back in 2012, we were there waiting since about 5pm. There were already spots booked from the night before. I guess after the years, fans slowly stopped coming frequently and there weren't many fans gathered too.
So upon our arrival at the open studio radio, we managed to find a spot at the bench right at the back. It was good enough to see what was happening on the inside. I think we stayed all the way till the end of Sukira and we got to see Ryeowook leaving as well. He would exit by the lift lobby so fans would gather there to see him leave. I remembered a fan even brought her graduation gown in hopes that Ryeowook would congratulate her. Unfortunately he didn't. He seemed quite tired too.
That concludes our 7th day in Korea! Taking forever to complete blogging about our Korea trip but I'll try to finish it soon! Do stay tuned for posts on the remaining 7 days of our trip!










No comments:
Post a Comment