Monday, 18 May 2015

Beauty Observations In Korea ♥︎

Another blog post on Korea! I hope you're not bored of me talking about Korea just yet! There are still many things to talk about and share. It's been about a almost a year since we went to Korea! I've already forgotten most of what we saw and did there but I'll try my best to write my observations down for those who are interested :)

So let's get started! What I saw in Korea about fashion, hair and makeup!


Fashion

In terms of fashion, Korean people are quite fashionable! But that's a fact that most people already know. I'm, unfortunately, not really a fashionable person. I don't keep up with trends and I wear whatever looks nice and comfortable. So I think my sister had more fun shopping there than I did.

It was summer when we were there so everyone was in their summer outfits. I saw loads of people wearing denim shorts, cropped or baggy tops, plaid or patterned shirts with folded up sleeves, sun dresses and high waisted or normal patterned skirts!

I think at that point in time, patterned skirts were the trend, so even when we went shopping, those skirts were placed near the entrance and they costed more. My sister managed to get a few as most were quite expensive and we decided they were over priced. I think the prices of clothing in Korea really follows the trend. So if it's currently popular, it'll cost more.

We went to places like Dongdaemun where it's known for cheap clothing but honestly, we were very disappointed. We did our shopping elsewhere. As long as there were nice clothes and something that catches our interest we would go there.

Hair

With regards to hair, Korean people in general, they have really nice hair styles. Maybe they've just got really good hair stylists at their hair salons so no matter which hair salon they go to, they'll have really nice hair!

I noticed quite a variety of different hair styles. Long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight hair... but there was one thing that was really common... they really liked having bangs. Sure, there were people with long fringe but there were more than a handful of people spotted with bangs. Their bangs always looked so perfect and curled so nicely.

Something else that stood out was the hair colour. I think it was common for them to have variations of dark brown hair. I didn't see many with light brown or blonde hair. Then again, this is based on my memory and it's a little fuzzy now... 

Makeup

Korean girls (and some guys) are generally pretty good at applying makeup! Although it may seem they apply thick and heavy makeup, the concept they are going for is the natural look.

I noticed many girls using brown eyeshadows and have their eyeliner drawn pretty thinly. It looks like they have no makeup on. They have very nice and neat straight eyebrows as well. Natural looking makeup makes it seem like it's natural beauty and at the same time it covers all flaws.

For the lips, gradient lips is still the trend in Korea. It just makes the lips slightly coloured so it's not too bright or overpowering but it's just nice to add some colour to the face. And of course, it's very natural.

As for eyebrows, really needless to say, straight brows are in. Everyone is sporting straight and thick eyebrows. Straight and thick eyebrows makes you look younger and with eyebrow gels or mascaras, you can have your eyebrows match your hair colour. Well, I wouldn't be surprised what kind of makeup product would come out next since Korea's makeup industry is doing pretty well.

Plastic Surgery

This didn't come as a surprise. I mean when people mention Korea, they would think of Korean dramas, Kpop but also plastic surgery. I think plastic surgery might even be the first thing that people think about actually. Haha.

Back in 2012, I didn't see many post surgery patients walking around but this time round, we saw so many! It's actually quite scary at times. It's rude to stare but you can't help not staring especially since the patients' faces are bruised green and blue and there are blood clots here and there. Yes, they are just walking around without any bandages or masks to hide their faces.

Of course, over the years, definitely there would be an increase in patients with more publicity and more good reviews regarding Korean plastic surgery clinics.



Well, there. That was some of my observations I made during my trip in Korea last June. It's based on what I can remember and purely my own opinions. Thanks for reading through all that! Haha.

To conclude, I've come to realise that Korea generally puts a lot of focus and emphasis on outward appearances and beauty. Not just for females but it's for males too. I mean the fact that your outward appearance can determine whether you can get a job or not, I mean that speaks volumes right? And also the fact that there is a plastic surgery program to help people improve their lives proves even more how much Koreans focus on beauty.

It's not wrong to want to look pretty on the outside but most importantly, what is on the inside matters most! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment