Thursday, 19 February 2015

Mini Etude House Haul ♥︎

Happy Valentine's Day! Hehehe. Of course when this post finally gets published, it'll be way past 14th February. I thought the greeting seemed appropriate since I got these products on Valentine's Day and it's also a part of the Valentine's Special at Etude House.



I don't know if this post will be lengthy but I'll definitely keep the reviews short and sweet so that it's easy for comprehension and if you wanna read it quick. If you don't already know, I'm a huge Etude House fan so I might go on forever but I'll try not to hehehe... Here goes...

I got 3 items from the Etude House Chocolate Series and 2 other items. The Chocolate Series is a limited series and it's only available at the Etude House Flagship Store at Wisma. So those of you who are planning to purchase items from this series, do head there!

#1 Give Me Chocolate Shadow

When I saw this on the Etude House website (which I frequently visit) I hoped that they would bring it into Singapore. So thankful that they did even though it's a limited series and only available at one store.

I got this palette in Cherry Truffle. I watched a few Youtubers getting this chocolate eyeshadow as well but they picked the Salted Caramel palette instead. I preferred the Cherry Truffle one just because the coloured shadow is matte as compared to the Salted Caramel one which is sort of glittery.






I'm quite pleased with the texture of the eyeshadow. I had it on for a day and it lasted the whole day without fading. It's pretty pigmented as well so I didn't need to put a lot on for it to be visible. I liked how the 2 pink and the brown shades matched together. I didn't need to add anything else to blend it together, neither did I need to blend a lot for the shades. So I was pretty impressed with that.

The packaging, as you can see in the photos above, it actually really looks like chocolate packaging! As compared to the previous Sweet Recipe Series that Etude House had I think a year or 2 ago, this is a huge improvement! It's not only pretty but it's not flimsy!

Overall, I really like this product and to me, it was a totally worth the trip down to town and of course was worth the money.



At the back of the box, there's some cute text as well. How am I supposed to throw out the box like that? :/

#2 Give Me Chocolate Nails

I haven't had the chance to try out these nail polishes yet so I'm quite excited to try them out! I got 2 bottles in Mint Chocolate and Chocolate World. I knew I had to get the Mint Chocolate one right after I saw it on the Etude House website. I mean who could possibly resist such delicious looking nail colours right?


Although I've yet to try these nail polishes, I've tons of Etude House polishes so I know the quality shouldn't be poor! I usually apply one coat and it quite thick already. I think in my nail polish collection, I've the most from Etude House >< I really should stop buying but they've really pretty colours.

#3 Princess Eyelashes

I can't really stick falsies well so I don't own many falsies. In the past I've been using the same pair from The Face Shop. Then I was worried about how I'll look with falsies so I've been using half lashes. So this is the first time I'll be trying out full lashes.


Etude House had quite a wide range of lashes. So I picked out 02 in the volume range that looked pretty natural. My own lashes aren't very long or very thick so I just chose one that's as natural as possible. Haha. The price of these lashes are quite affordable, around $5 a box. I'll be using this during Chinese New Year. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

#4 Face Colour Corset

I was looking for a bronzer for contouring for sometime. I recently got a bronzer and highlighter from 3CE unfortunately the bronzer part is too light for my tone so I went out looking for something darker.



Since Etude House is more accessible than any other makeup shops, I decided to pop in and get this. I got this bronzer in the shade Tight Shading Corset. It's not very dark and it has a yellow undertone so it doesn't stand out that much. It's matte and has no shimmers which makes it pretty easy to blend.

As you can see, I've used this quite a bit! I've been experimenting with different brushes and so far I quite like using the powder brush from the 3CE travel brush set with this product.


That's all the products I bought from my recent Etude House visit! Hope this post has provided useful insights if you're looking out for new products! I'll make sure to blog more often about makeup as well in the coming months! Till then~

2 comments: