Sunday, 4 January 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015 ♥︎


Indeed time flies! In the blink of an eye 2014 came and left. I'm still trying to register that it's 2015 now instead of 2014. Honestly, I barely remember what happened in 2014 as it was a pretty fast paced and busy year.

Of course in everything I do, firstly I would thank God and then reflect. It's not possible to learn from experiences or mistakes if there isn't a constant reflection process. I think I'm one who reflects and thinks a lot so do be prepared for a lengthy post! I didn't write a post like this on the first day of 2014 so I thought I should do one this year to nicely summarise the happenings and then begin the year on a clean slate.

The total failure to sit down and complete writing one post would mean that this post would probably not be published on the first day of 2015 but at least I started writing it on the first day. The start is always important, right? Lol.

Looking back at 2014, there were many milestones that I passed. Really thank God for seeing me through all of them and guiding me every step of the way. Although I'm always worrying about this and that, it never actually turned out bad before and that shows that God is always watching over me. I should try to not worry so much.

Graduating from Wheelock College

My first milestone was graduating from university. 2 years really went by so quickly and I made it! I still remember how I was hesitant to apply to Wheelock College in 2012 as people were saying it was tough and there were many sleepless nights. Instead I was looking at universities in Australia but somehow my application didn't go through and I ended up in Wheelock College. I don't regret going to Wheelock at all! I think the experiences there shaped me and made me a better person. The way I see it, everything was definitely part of God's plan.

Starting work

Second milestone for the year, finding a job and officially entering adulthood. Since I have been given a scholarship, part of the deal was to find a job within 3 months otherwise I would have been posted wherever. So the job hunt began before I graduated. Although I was in a dilemma about where I wanted to work at, eventually I still ended up at the first choice place and I really thank God that it was a smooth process and that everything went well.

As I write this, I'm moving into my 7th month of work. Totally doesn't feel like I've worked for that long! Nonetheless, I'm really thankful that I've nice colleagues and things have been going well thus far :]

Traveling 

Another highlight of the year would be my trip to Korea! It's not really a milestone but maybe it could be too since the trip was sort of an opportunity for me to practice and utilise whatever Korean I've learnt in the past 4 years. It was a pretty good trip! I got to eat the awesome Korean BBQ and all the other yummy Korean food. Got to experience many other things as well. I have yet to finish blogging about the trip! It's so difficult trying to focus on writing something all at once. I'm easily distracted.

Including the recent trip to Bangkok and KL, I think I've done quite a bit of traveling for 2014. Pats on the back for me! I guess traveling is different when you have connection to the internet.

Hopes for 2015

There are quite a few things I'm looking forward to this year. I guess there's no point in having a list of resolutions since no one actually completes them. So I guess I'll just have some general goals for myself and hope to achieve them. They're usually about the same every year, just that this year I have goals for work instead of for school. There are many things I want to accomplish this year. I want to learn and grow as I gain more experience on the job, I want to do my best with these new kids, and most importantly I want to grow closer to God too. Seems like it's pretty general but there are many levels to climb and obstacles to overcome >< For now that's all I'll think about. It doesn't look like I've time to jiao nan peng you so CNY please don't ask me. Hahaha. #lastwarning



So finally I sat down and finished this post! It took me like I think around 2 hours cos I was distracted here and there (as usual). But yeah, it was good that I sat down and thought about these things. It's like such a grown up thing to do. Oh dear. #idontwannagrowup

No comments:

Post a Comment