Thursday, 8 January 2015

Drama Discussion: Discovery of Romance ♥

Once again back with another drama review! Seriously, how many dramas have I watched in the past few months?

This post will be the beginning of a series of drama reviews that I'll try to write. As much as I want to review every drama that I've watched, there are some that I'll be bound to miss out. Anyway, me writing about these dramas are just something that I enjoy doing. Usually there aren't many people to talk about dramas with so I'll just put it all down here while trying to not reveal too much of the plot and spoil others who want to watch it.

Oh dear, me and my super long introductions. Let's get on with it shall we! I'll be blabbering on about Discovery of Romance in this blog post!



I didn't actually hear about this drama or plan on watching it. Of course, I'm poorly updated unless the drama is super raved about or reported on about on news sites then maybe I would plan on watching it. My friend recommended this drama to me and it seemed quite interesting so I decided to start watching it.

The Characters.

The female lead, Han Yeorum (Jung Yumi), initially started off as a typical Korean girl. By typical I mean like needy and dependent on the guy and stuff like that. At the same time, there was this free spirited side to her character that was pretty refreshing as well. Due to that carefree spirit, that's how she met Kang Taeha (Eric). In a cliche and yet not so cliche love at first sight manner, the two of them ended up falling in love.

Just like any other Korean drama, there's always the 2nd male lead. Nam Hajin (Sung Joon) falls in love with Han Yeorum years later and although he's younger than her, they seem like the perfect couple. Everything seemed like it was going well, until Kang Taeha appears again.

The Plot.

I found the plot quite interesting although seemingly cliche. Then again, most Korean dramas have a sort of similar kind of storyline that is rather predictable. Although I somewhat predicted the ending, the process and how the whole drama unfolded was pretty new and interesting.

Initially I didn't understand why each of the characters were revealing their thoughts as feelings in an interview manner then at the end I found out why. I shall not reveal it here for those who are planning on watching this drama but I really liked the concept and how it sort of tied the whole drama together. It'll also explain why the title of the drama is as such.

What I didn't really like about this drama was the uncertainty of the female lead. Oh no, am I spoiling anyone? >< But I guess you can roughly guess from the drama's poster anyway. Plus, it's also pretty typical story line for a Korean drama. It's always the girl having to choose between two guys. It's also almost always pretty predictable who the girl would eventually end up with.

The Ending.

I shall not elaborate too much at this point otherwise I might really give out the whole story. Nonetheless, it was a happy ending and I'm quite pleased with the ending. I like how the co-stars ending up too. It was pretty fresh? Can I say that? So I guess the drama did match up to the title, all the characters were just on a journey to discover romance.

I thought it was pretty similar to the storyline of My Secret Hotel. I'll be writing a review on that drama soon so do check it out! Since these two dramas aired around the same times, on different channels, I thought it was pretty coincidental to have similar storylines.




It's the second post and first drama review for this year! I actually started writing this I've no idea when and it just took me forever to finish it. I wanted to post this up after finishing it either in Bangkok or in KL but the wifi at both hotels were rather troublesome so I ended up watching movies on the movie channels in the hotels. LOL.

Till the next post~


No comments:

Post a Comment