괜찮아, 사랑이야 It's Okay, It's Love
This post has been in my draft folder for like the longest time and I think I finished watching this drama quite some time ago as well. But recently my drama watching technique has been quite strange. Hahaha. I would chiong (local slang for rushing) as much as I can and if I can't wait, I would end up reading the recaps. Then, if it seems interesting enough, I would continue watch from where I left off or skip the boring episodes and continue from wherever I like. Haha.
Nonetheless, it's counted as I've watched the whole drama! And since "It's Okay, It's Love" is pretty recent, I did manage to watch quite a bit of the show as compared to those already completed dramas that I would be blogging about soon.
I started watching this drama, well, because of Kyungsoo of course. Hahaha. It's his acting debut and I would usually watch like the first few episodes to decided whether I really liked the drama or not. I guess you probably can tell whether I liked the drama or not. If I don't like a drama, I wouldn't watch it even if I liked the actor ><
So, moving on...
The characters.
The show opens by introducing the male lead, Jang Jaeyeol (Jo Insung) and it gives us a brief look at his character and his background. He is a writer and also a DJ. So basically Jaeyeol's character is pretty complicated and there'll be more being revealed about him and his family background throughout the show. I won't reveal it here just in case there are people interested in watching the drama.
The female lead, Ji Haesoo (Gong Hyojin) is a psychiatrist and at the start she doesn't get along well with Jaeyeol but you guys probably already can guess what would happen between the two. Haha. Typical of Korean dramas. She, too, has some sort of background story that would be revealed. I think her background story isn't as significant compare to Jaeyeol's. His story is really like the main gist of the drama.
I think Han Kangwoo (DO) has quite an important role in the drama as well. You'll find up what's up with this guy when you start watching the drama. I do think his role kind of ties the whole drama together and it makes the drama special, in that sense. For those who have already watched the drama, you'll probably understand what I'm talking about. Hehehe.
The plot.
I guess it's probably obvious if I were to say it's a complicated drama. Haha. Of course, the title doesn't make it sound like it's complicated and maybe some sort of the usual love story, romance kind of drama but in actual fact, it's far from that. It's quite an unusual story line actually. I think that's what drew most people to watching and following this drama closely.
Sure, there's romance. But there's also the totally complicating and grown up side to the whole drama. From the start, viewers would get thrown into the crazy world of psychology and all the mental issues.
I thought that it was good though. Instead of the usual Korean dramas, this was pretty unusual. We also got to see like the struggles patients faced and get exposed to all these issues around us. It's very real! Especially since psychological issues like these are becoming more and more common everywhere. So I thought that a drama exploring such issues, it's pretty fresh.
The ending.
Of course, they all lived happily ever after! Don't worry, that's all I'll say for those who want to watch the drama. I mean the drama takes viewers on quite a emotional roller coaster so nothing but a happy ending would suffice. I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended compared to other popular dramas that were good throughout but disappointed viewers with a lousy ending. So I definitely recommend this drama if you love a happy ending!
Catch this drama soon if you haven't already watched it and let me know your thoughts too!

No comments:
Post a Comment