Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Work Talk #2

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1
Haven't blogged about work recently. It's slowly starting to get busier so I've like not had time to sit down and reflect on whatever that's going at work. I think recently I've had a lot on my mind and I'm still trying to figure things out.

Work life balance.

I think that's something I'm still trying to figure out. Sometimes, I've the urge to do work at home and my colleague told me I shouldn't bring work home to do. I've been trying to like get out of the student mindset where I had to do homework or do some work at home every other day. So in order to keep myself busy, I've been blogging and watching Korean dramas. But as the important deadlines draw nearer, I still can't help but want to do work at home. There's just not enough time to do work while working. If only I could cut myself into two.

Also, everyday after work, I'm like so drained. How can I meet up with friends? So far the only solution I've found is meeting up on Fridays or the weekends. But anyhow I usually mostly just meet Mich or Vaneh. So that's like all the socialising I do. Better than nothing right? But I think my body has gotten used to the sleeping and waking up times :>

I've to constantly remind myself to divide my time up so that not everything I do is just related to work only.

Enthusiastic VS Willingness to learn.

I think there's like a thin line between these two terms. I don't think I'm like super enthusiastic but I'm willing to learn. I mean being overly enthusiastic is usually viewed as a bad thing as someone who is enthusiastic or overly enthusiastic may not be willing to learn.

I'm still like trying to get the hang of things and learn as much as I can. I'm not afraid of trying but I still wouldn't take up tasks or do things I've no confidence in or unsure of. The consequences of my actions can be quite serious at times, if you know what I mean. But nonetheless, I've to remember that I'm no longer working part time and I've to slowly get used to being a full timer. There are many things that I'll get better in as the time goes by.

There are times that I also forget that I'm still considered a newbie. I have high expectations for myself and when I'm not able to meet them, I'll get a little discouraged. But then I'll remind myself that I still have a lot to learn! I'm thankful for the colleagues working in the same level, I've learnt a lot from them!

As the busy time comes, I hope that I will get enough rest and won't fall sick easily. There's an important purpose for me to go to work. There are these little people I've to think about even before I can think of myself. But it's ME TIME once I leave work!

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment