Thursday, 18 September 2014

Drama Discussion: Marriage Not Dating ♥

Off late, I've been watching quite a lot of dramas! Usually I take a break after a drama and then not watch anything for some time. But these few months, it's been back to back!

연애 말고 결혼 Marriage Not Dating

I was watching Fated to love you and this drama at the same time. After my short break after Emergency Couple. I was following the drama weekly and even live streaming the episodes on this mobile application. That's how desperate I was.

I started watching the drama maybe after 5 or 6 episodes aired and once I started, I couldn't stop watching! It kept me interested like Emergency Couple. Yes, it's strange that TvN has such good dramas this year. I mean for a cable channel. And after I caught up, I've been watching the episodes live and like was practically addicted. 

The characters. 

I thought they did a good job in character development. Every main character had a believable back story and their own characteristics. So it was good as viewers were able to make sense of why they said this or did that unlike some dramas where it's just so random. It made it less confusing as it was pretty constant throughout the drama.

The female lead, Joo Jangmi, played by Han Groo. What I liked was that she wasn't girly and she was portrayed to be independent but with a sad past as her weakness. It was sort of unusual since most of the Korean dramas would have their female lead written in a certain way. Like I don't know, pretty and feminine and you know, just the typical girl. It was kind of cool that she was like any other normal girl not a drama character girl. If you get what I mean.

However, Gong Gitae, played by Yeon Woojin was just the typical Korean drama kind of guy. He was rich. He wore nice suits. He had nice hair. I guess the purpose of them having their male lead this way was maybe to attract the hearts of the female viewers? Just like all the Korean dramas out their. Typical way of writing their male lead. But well, I guess it works. I totally fell in love with Gong Gitae or Yeon Woojin after a few episodes ♥

The supporting characters were pretty important as well. Han Yeorum (Jinwoon), Kang Seah (Sunhwa), Lee Hoondong (Heo JeongMin) and Nam Hyunhee (Yoon Sohee) really tied the whole drama together. Therefore I conclude that the scriptwriters for this drama were pretty good. They were able to like cover everyone's story and not just focus on the main couple.



The plot.

Well, it was a really complicated drama! Since every character played a part or were related to each other somehow, it complicated things even more. But nonetheless, despite that, it was still interesting and kept me at the edge of my seat while watching every episode.

I'll just briefly summarise the plot so as to not spoil anyone who wants to watch it.

So basically, Gong Gitae doesn't want to get married but he's from a rich family and so they want him to get married as soon as possible. Joo Jangmi is someone who wants to get married as she dislikes being alone. So the main gist of the story is that Gitae introduces Jangmi to his family as his fiancee, knowing that his family wouldn't accept her. Of course like things get complicated from there. So I really would encourage you to watch the drama if you want to know what happens! Believe me, you wouldn't be bored!

I really liked how that although it was complicated and dramatic, it wasn't like boring or draggy. I don't know if other dramas have had similar story lines but it was my first time watching a drama with a steady flow of events and it wasn't too much to grasp.

There was also a good mix of happy, sad and funny scenes. I thought it flowed really well. Like it wasn't chopping between scene changes or anything. Plus I liked how the producers styled each episode. Like they had a little teaser before the episode started. It's like a hook that makes you wanna keep watching. Hahaha.



The ending.

Don't worry, I won't let out anything or spoil it. Some people said the ending was predictable but to me, it wasn't. I mean if it were predictable then it would like be obvious from the start but the fact that there was room for a plot twist made it not predictable. But I'll leave that up to one's personal choice. Hahaha.



Thoroughly enjoyed watching this drama and it's probably also the most detailed review I've written for any one drama. Maybe since I liked this drama there were more things to write? I'm not exactly sure too. Haha. I really recommend this drama! I thought Emergency Couple was good but this is totally better! I think I foresee myself watching this drama from the beginning again.

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment