15th June 2014.By now it's been about 2 month since we returned from Korea. Slowly, I'm starting to forget bits and pieces of things already. Oh dear. I should really speed up the writing before I forget everything >< Keep delaying writing these post and writing other things that are happening.
Seoul Zoo. Bau House Dog Cafe. Mouse Rabbit Cafe.
I remember us leaving a little later than usual and our schedule was slightly delayed. We had a late breakfast or brunch just at the Myeongdong station.
Our usual meal includes ohdeng, ddokbokki and kimbap. Previously, we ate at another stall, nearer to Exit 3 of Myeongdong station. But it was closed as it was Sunday and the ahjumma was Catholic.
Our first stop for the day, we headed to the Seoul Grand Park zoo! It wasn't difficult to access as the subway brought us right to the Seoul Grand Park. It's the Seoul Grand Park station, Exit 2. From the station, there'll be a long pathway that leads to this building.
Along the pathway, there are many ahjummas sitting under umbrellas and selling like kimbap and other light snacks that you could probably carry with you when you're walking around. In the building above, you'll be able to take the Elephant Train for ₩1000. We didn't know about it and walked all the way in >< we were super drained and sticky by the time we (finally) got to the entrance of the zoo. Fortunately, we found out about the Elephant Train and was able to take it out.
The view on the walk to the zoo!
Seoul zoo!
There were quite a lot of animals! More than expected since I've heard from people that went there before that the zoo was disappointing. I guess if you compared it to like the local zoo here, then maybe you would feel disappointed? But I mean for ₩3000, it was a pretty good deal!
Below, are some of the animals that we saw and I remembered to take photos of. Hahaha. Sometimes I forget to document my experience especially when I'm so absorbed in it.
The posing porcupine!
I think the enclosures in this zoo were pretty well developed. I guess they have the space and land to just make it big and comfortable for the animals. Of course, with that, it also meant like tons of walking for visitors as well! There's a bus that brings you around the zoo but since we had to wait for it, we decided not to take it. I would recommend you to take the bus if you aren't in a rush. But that's just me and we were there in summer. I couldn't take the heat and the sun!
So guys, really, please bring sunblock if you plan to go to Korea in summer!
We left the zoo around 2pm or 3pm and headed to Hapjeong station on Line 2 (dark green) to meet Vaneh's friends. We were going to go to Bau House together! Bau House is a dog cafe and it's actually worth the visit!
Unfortunately I can't remember which exit we exited from but I remember the cafe wasn't too far from the station. So it wasn't difficult to get to and from it.
What I liked about the cafe was that they don't charge you an entrance fee or anything of that sort. They just require you to purchase a drink. Which I think is quite reasonable since they don't give you a time limit. We got a drink each and stayed there for nearly 3 hours? My sister enjoyed playing and patting the dogs and time just flew by while we were there!
The dog cafe was spilt into two sections, separated by a gate. One with the small dogs and one with the medium to big dogs. We were ushered to the medium to big dogs sections since I guess we were all like adults. They placed young children with the small dogs. I love dogs but I'm not a fan of big dogs so initially it was quite terrifying especially since these dogs are friendly and they'll come right up to you.
After awhile, I figured that if you showed the dogs you don't have any treats, they won't come near you at all. These dogs are clever dogs. They don't want pats and scratches, they want treats!
The dogs at the dog cafe don't all belong to the cafe. It's also like a doggy day care kind of place. So people can drop off their dogs while they go run some errands and stuff. But of course, it's hard to say if anything will happen to your dog while you are gone ><
Here are some photos of the adorable dogs we saw there! There were many many more but I just chose some to include here! I definitely recommend this place as a must visit place when you're in Seoul. It's quite therapeutic and relaxing just playing with these dogs :>
I think my sister had the most fun out of all of us. So it was worth the visit even though I was scared like most of the time. But I wouldn't mind going again! There are the cute small dogs that I can play with. Hehehe.
We even made friends with a Korean family while we were there. They were at the next table and the kids were scared of the dogs. But eventually we got them to pat the dogs and like we chatted a little. The kids were learning English and we were learning Korean and it was quite a good match! Haha. I think only in Korea will I dare to speak korean so freely >< It's just weird chatting up random Koreans we see back home.
After the dog cafe, we headed back to Myeongdong for dinner. We ate at a restaurant near our guest house. We had mandu, jjajangmyeon and jjamppong!
I think at that point we wanted to go back to rest after. But we decided not to waste time by sitting in the guest house, we went to MoBit again!
After the dog cafe, we headed back to Myeongdong for dinner. We ate at a restaurant near our guest house. We had mandu, jjajangmyeon and jjamppong!
I think at that point we wanted to go back to rest after. But we decided not to waste time by sitting in the guest house, we went to MoBit again!
My drink with the cute MoBit printed sleeve!
I can't remember what I ordered but it's usually either a caramel macchiato or a vanilla latte. I only drink the kind of coffees that are toward the sweeter side. No black coffees for me ><
And since it would probably be the last time there at MoBit since we didn't know if we were going to go there again, we mustered up the courage to ask for a photo with YeMum! Hehehe. Well Vaneh asked actually.
It's a little blurry. Oh dear.
Finally here's day 4 of our trip to Korea! Took me really long to write this post. I had other posts to write and then this just kept getting pushed behind. Look forward to reading about day 5 in Korea soon! Don't forget to like this post if you found it helpful or useful :>
xoxo, Fid♥
















No comments:
Post a Comment