In the bus on a field trip.
Me: (points out window at some cranes and tells the children around me) Look over there, do you see that? Those are transformers.
Boy: (looks carefully) Where?
Me: (points at the cranes again) Over there! Do you see it?
Boy: Oh! Yes!
After the performance ended.
Two girls stood up, clapped their hands above their heads and kept cheering continuously. Definitely child version of a standing ovation.
Had a discussion with the children about the play they watched.
Me: Did you find it scary when the wolf came out?
Girl: Um... A little bit (shows a little bit with her fingers)
Boy: I wasn't scared at all!
Me: That's right! Nothing to be afraid of right? They are just people dressed up in costumes.
Children: *noisily agrees*
Me: So what happened to the mother and the wolf in the end? (the mother actually ate the berries turning her into a wolf, which meant that the original wolf is actually the father. He too turned into the wolf after eating the berries)
Boy: She ate the berries and turned into the wolf then later she became the mother again.
Girl: No~ It wasn't the berries, it was the singing angels.
During lunch.
Boy: Teacher Fidelia, this is my second helping.
Me: Wow. Are you that hungry today?
Boy: No. I've soccer later. Where am I going to get the energy unless I eat two servings.
Me: HAHAHA okay!
Eavesdropping on the conversation of two boys.
Boy A: You know the game plants versus zombies?
Boy B: (stammering in excitement) Yes of course! Do you have the plants or the zombies?
Boy A: (keeps quiet and looks confused)
Boy B: Oh oh I mean do you have plants versus zombie 1 or 2?
It's concert preparation time again and my dear boys kept fussing over their hairstyles during the rehearsal.
Boy: Teacher Fidelia I think you need to put more gel. (fixes his hair) I made it stand up like that.
Me: So you want it to stand up? I'll do that for you tomorrow.
Boy: Yes you'll need to use more gel.
Me: Okay. I'll use the whole tub.
Boy: (seems to believe me) Huh then you'll have to buy more tubs of gel. (turns to fix his friends hair) See I made his hair stand up too.
Me: (to other boy) You want your hair like that too tomorrow?
Other boy: Yes!
Me: Looks like I'll have to put the whole tub of gel too.
Boys: HUH (burst out laughing) Okay.
Me: (styling the boys hair) I'm going to make you look like a Korean superstar!
Boy: Like Oppa Gangnam style!
Me: Please no Oppa Gangnam style, I don't like it.
Sometime later.
Another boy: What's your favourite Korean? (i think he meant singer)
Me: Super Junior. I'm going to make you all look like them. *Grins*

No comments:
Post a Comment