Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Day 12: Garden Party Reception

Had a busy day today!

We had center visits this morning and our whole class spilt up to go out for center visits. I'm not sure where the other groups went but our center visit was in Chinatown and it was a pretty eye opening experience.

The center we visited was a totally Chinese speaking center and they taught everything in Chinese. It was really cool as it was our first time seeing such a center and it was a Chinese center in a English dominated country. It surprised me even more that the children in the center, 3/4 of them were actually Caucasians or African Americans, making Chinese or Chinese mixed children a minority. We were told that the parents of these children wanted them to learn Chinese hence they chose this center for their children.

It was a very fun experience! Getting to meet teachers and children from a different country but in the same field of work is just really interesting and mind blowing! Hee.

After the visit, we finally stopped by Macs! My first Macs meal here! Hehe. And just as expected, it tastes similar. The fries isn't even filled. Only the drink is of a different size.



Then in the evening after class, we headed off to President Jackie's house for a reception. It was pretty cool having a garden party kind of thing. For a moment it really felt like we were really special socialites or rich people having a fancy meal in the backyard. It's exactly like how you see it in American TV shows! Hee.

Here are some photos I took tonight! But of course there are more but I don't know whose camera or phone they're in. I usually just wait for people to upload them. Hehehe.


With the previous director's of the Singapore program in Singapore, Mr and Mrs Fedo.


With President Jackie.


With Melissa. 


With Heather.


With Lisa.

And lastly, it's the magic school bus! ^^


Shall post up more pictures when they're uploaded ^^

Managed to finish 2 journals tonight! Yipee! Of course, I put episode 10 of Dating Agency Cyrano (shall blog about that drama soon) on hold as motivation. I don't have anything to motivate me for the next few days, so I better work hard or think of something to motivate myself. Maybe shopping this weekend is a good motivation? Heeee. 

I want to get a new pair of heels and maybe some bags.

A pretty slack day tomorrow. It's a shorts, tee and no makeup day for me. Let's go.


No comments:

Post a Comment