It's been a while since I last posted! I've been watching a lot of dramas and have not been able to catch up with writing the reviews. Not to worry! I'll get down to writing the reviews... soon...
I wanted to do a weekly update of this drama but in the end, I couldn’t keep up with that frequent posting schedule. So, I’m here to write a review after watching the whole drama.
WARNING: Spoilers ahead, continue reading at your own risk.
The last I wrote about was everyone finding out about Chan Yong’s cancer diagnosis. Of course, at that point, I didn’t expect it to be a drama with a happy ending. Unusually, I don’t end up watching these kinds of melodramas but somehow or rather I started watching this. Shoutout to Yuna 언니 for recommending this drama!
I was curious how the whole thing would play out and how they would portray the whole friendship between the 3 friends. I liked they included clips from the past of how they came to become friends and clips here and there of their experiences together over the years. It was nice to see their whole journey but at the same time that made the whole situation sadder.
In terms of the romantic relationships for the 3 main characters… we were off to a rocky start for Chan Yong’s love life as she was somewhat together with Jin Seok was a married man. There were many “bad reviews” on this as people felt they were romanticising affairs. In the end, he did get a divorce and spent Chan Yong’s last days by her side. I thought it was quite good that the writers included a little of Jin Seok’s back story, it helped viewers understand his point of view a little instead of blaming him for the whole situation of cheating on his wife.
The next couple, Mi Jo and Seon Woo… I honestly am not a fan of this couple. For some reason, there was no chemistry between the two actors. At first, I thought they were awkward, and they’ll get more comfortable as the story and drama develops but nope… they continued to be awkward all the way to the end. It could be a case of a lack of chemistry between the actor and actress.
The final couple, Joo Hee and the restaurant chef, Tae Hwan. To be honest, I had no idea what the restaurant chef’s name was and had to search it up LOL they didn’t really mention his name much throughout the drama. I was quite hopeful for this couple but then disappointed at how it turned out. We just saw how the couple started becoming close but not details on how they got together. We were transported a few years into the future, and they had already become a couple. I would have loved to see what happened between them.
Aside from that, I would say I found the ending satisfactory. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t super good either. I'm just glad they didn’t leave us hanging and wrapped it up nicely. I can’t say I’m not happy with the ending, they didn’t leave viewers hanging so that’s something I’m already thankful for. I did expect them to just end when Chan Yong passes away but they do go on to show how everyone is getting on with their lives and everyone is happy but at the same time, they have not forgotten her. So I would say it’s a satisfactory ending. Would have been better with slightly more details.
Of course, I was expecting a twist for the ending. A twist where maybe it was a wrong diagnosis or somehow, she manages to survive. Then again, that wouldn’t have been very realistic. Most of the drama was very realistic and I’m sure many of us could relate to what they were going through.
I’d have to make a special mention of this… The drama included some scenarios that are a little more realistic than other dramas. For example, cheating in a relationship, relationships between children and parents, and challenges faced at work. I would like to particularly mention the scene where Joo Hee decided to quit her job after an incident with an unreasonable customer despite working there for many years. It’s something that many people face and some may even find it hard to change jobs or try something new just because they’ve been working at that company for a long time. It’s nice to see them portraying that it’s fine to move on and do something better with your time and life.
On the whole, I’d say it’s a good drama. It took viewers on an emotional roller coaster, that’s for sure, but most of us (even if we are not 39 yet) would probably have reflected on our lives and hopefully make some changes for the better.
As I typed, the post got longer and longer. I do hope this review was interesting to read! Till the next drama review~ Take care and stay safe!


No comments:
Post a Comment