Wednesday, 9 March 2022

Forecasting Love and Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 EP 1 - 8 | Review

Before I begin a new drama, let me get these thoughts out of the way. I’m basically breaking all of my own norms by starting on another ongoing drama. I’ve started on Forecasting Love and Weather as it was showing on Netflix. I saw some clips and it looked good. 


I shall briefly write about my thought for the first 8 episodes while waiting for the rest of the episodes to air. 

SPOILER WARNING

The first thing that didn’t sit well with me what the cheating. Lately, many dramas have their theme or concept but in this drama it particularly stuck out (lowkey annoying) as the characters’ lives were still somewhat involved with each other even though they broke up. 

Let me explain. 

Basically, the female lead, Ha Kyung, was dating Ki Joon for 10 years and they were about to get married. But, of course, they wedding gets called off when Ha Kyung caught Ki Joon cheating. Ki Joon then marries the girl he was cheating with, Yoo Jin. The time line gets a little fuzzy but eventually, Ha Kyung ends up together with Shi Woo and Shi Woo is the ex-boyfriend of Yoo Jin. 

These 4 characters most likely are hurt by their own past relationships still have to face each other daily because they are working in the same company… in the same building. 

I don’t like how Ki Joon keeps looking for Ha Kyung after he cheated and was a total jerk. I’m just guessing the writers had it this way to possibly show Ha Kyung’s growth by standing up for herself and how she’s moving on from her past.

Plus, the timeline from when Ha Kyung caught Ki Joon cheating to him getting married with Yoo Jin wasn’t very clear at all. It seem like it was a very short time. And if it were really just a short time… then it would be weird that Ha Kyung and Shi Woo moved on so quickly from their failed relationships and decided to get into a relationship with each other. 

So far, this is the only part that I don’t quite like but the rest of the storyline is pretty good. I had no idea that this was how weather was predicted and weather reports were made. We only see the end product of the whole process. I’m definitely guilty of complaining when it suddenly rains when it was supposed to be sunny. Now, I’d be sure to think twice and appreciate the weather as it comes. 

They just have 8 episode released so I’m not sure how the next episodes would turn out. I really hope it doesn’t disappoint. 

I’ll check back with another post when this drama is completed! Till then, take care and stay safe~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment