I’ve recently had the time to watch dramas aired in the past years, dramas that I’ve wanted to watch but didn’t have time to. “Doom at your service” was a drama that I had on my “plan to watch” list for the longest time. Wanted to watch it last year but it wasn’t completed and as I waited, I continued to forget about it as newer dramas aired.
So, finally, I’ve had the time to watch it.
Warning: Spoilers ahead, continue reading at your own risk.
I contemplated giving this drama 7/10 instead I gave it 8/10. In my standards, 8/10 is pretty high. I don’t think I’ve given any drama 9/10 or 10/10 yet. The storyline, in my opinion, wasn’t very exciting and some events were a little confusing, and so I wanted to give it a 7. But, looking at the ending… I felt it could go up to an 8 instead.
Let me try to explain my train of thought.
The overall idea of the drama was pretty straightforward and easy to understand. The female lead was basically terminally ill and going to die. She felt life is unfair and wished for the world to end. In which, the male lead, doom himself, appeared and agreed to make her wish come true in exchange for a painless death for her. They entered into a contract and eventually as time passed, they fall in love.
Their relationship gets tested over the course of the drama as they challenge fate and try to change the outcome. Initially, I didn’t see the importance of the 20-year-old deity until the end. I questioned the need for her character… she couldn’t do very much for the female lead and she seemed to mostly only wish for the male lead to become good (referencing that flower in the pot that finally grew when he fell in love with the female lead).
Why I initially wanted to give it 7/10 was because it not only was a little predictable, it got boring as it approached the last episode. When the female lead wished for a change so that there may be a change in their fates, that scene was a little abrupt and it wasn’t clearly explained. So, both the female and male lead's memory was erased and the female lead ends up going for treatment although she would end up with the same fate of death.
However, eventually, as fate would have it, they remembered each other and their memories were restored. It got a little confusing after that when the male lead wanted to sacrifice his life for her to be able to live. It wasn’t clearly explained (or I wasn’t paying attention) as to how he arrived at the decision of him sacrificing his existence to extend the female lead’s life. But, that does happen anyway and she does end up not dying.
Up till now, it’s still at 7/10 but the ending changes it to 8/10. I liked how they ended everything nicely, everyone gets a happy ending. I tend to give dramas with happy endings a higher rating. I mean we’ve already spent time watching the drama and if it ends badly then… I don’t feel like I’ve made my time’s worth.
Till the next drama… take care and stay safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment