So, I've completed another drama! I didn’t expect to finish this drama that quickly, considering I started it only on Monday and I tend to watch Korean dramas slower than Chinese dramas (I watch Chinese dramas sped up hehe).
I’m glad I waited for this drama to complete airing before starting on it. I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much if I had to wait days to watch the next episode. Watching it back to back like what I did (I basically binge-watch most of my dramas, do not like waiting), provided a fuller picture of the storyline. I liked that it was on Netflix, the autoplay feature makes drama-watching life easier.
You could probably also say that a new year’s resolution would be to write a review of dramas when I just completed it so it’s fresh in my mind. However, that also may mean the review may not have any structure and just me writing whatever thought I had when I finished the drama.
Without further ado… here’s the review on Our Beloved Summer.
Warning: Spoilers ahead, continue reading at your own risk.
I thought that the main storyline was actually quite simple but they did a good job expanding it and making sure that they cover all ends. I’m glad they addressed every point and didn’t leave viewers hanging in the end.
It was good to get a glimpse of the past and then a comparison to the present. The documentary that the male and female leads were cast in happened 10 years ago and they dated after the documentary concluded for another 5 years. I liked how they revealed the events bit by bit and every time they revealed a little bit of the past, we could understand the relationship between the male and female lead a little more.
The thing that caught my attention, is the contrast differences between the male and female leads.
The female lead is from a poor background, she lost her parents and is living with her grandmother. She studies hard and is the first place in school. However, due to some relatives debt, she ends up having to work hard and this leads to her ending the relationship with the male lead so she could focus on earning money.
The male lead, on the other hand, is the last place in school. Unlike the female lead, he comes from a pretty well-to-do background as his parents own a chain of restaurants in their town. It is revealed later on though that he is adopted.
Towards the end of the drama, it was nice to see how they both arrive at an agreement and how they support each other in their relationship. I guess after 5 years, they’ve each matured and have become more understanding.
It is a pretty simple storyline following the lives of the male and female lead from their past to present. It’s quite easy to watch, not too much drama to make you feel frustrated while watching. I think I’d rate it a 7/10. It’s not a bad drama to watch especially if you’re just chilling or need something to watch during meal times.
Since I watched this drama rather quickly, I should be taking a short drama break while I search for the next drama to binge-watch. Till then, stay safe and take care!
View my 2022 Drama List here.

No comments:
Post a Comment