Wednesday, 12 January 2022

Girls Planet 999 & Kep1er Songs | Review

It’s been a while since Girls Planet 999 ended and we are gearing up for Kep1er’s debut. I told myself, after Produce 48, I will not get so invested in another survival programme just because it was too sad watching the girls get eliminated from Produce 48. But… I got started on Girls Planet 999 from the first episode and I followed it closely every week. Lol.  


It was the whole scene with Choi Yujin and Fu Yaning that got me curious and once I started watching, there was no turning back...

I guess with the whole voting controversy with the Produce series, I was also hoping that Girls Planet 999 would be fair and I guess many people were watching Girls Planet 999 to see how it would turn out. Surprisingly, even with a different name, the format was pretty similar. Although the concept of the cells was new.  

Just like the Produce series, they had the Creation Stage where they performed new and original songs. I really liked some of the songs and so here are my favourites stages.  

I liked both U + Me = Love and Shoot equally. I felt the U + Me = Love team had a challenge on their end as they were formed much later than the rest of the groups. Due to the members getting eliminated and then some members from other teams getting transferred over, most of the members had to learn this song and dance from scratch. And yet, they worked hard and were able to win the benefit from this challenge.  



The Shoot team, on the other hand, kept all their original members and positions, which meant they had an advantage with slightly more time to practice. Although, they knew that, they did not slack and continued practicing and practicing.  


The other song that caught my attention was Shine. I liked the feel of this song, and it was suitable for the final performance.  



Overall, I was excited for Kep1er to debut although I thought it would be better if the member distribution was more equal. I initially thought they would go with the “cell” concept but the voting system slowly changed as the show went on. I can’t say I dislike the current Kep1er lineup, so I’ll be sticking around to see how they’re doing!  

I'll leave you with their debut song Wa Da Da. Take care and stay safe! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment