What have I been up to in 2021?
It’s just customary to post something at the beginning of a new year to summarise and reflect on the past year. Once again, 2021, has been eventful.
When I wrote the “Hello 2021” post at the beginning of the year, there were so many uncertainties mostly about Covid and what we were going to expect in the upcoming year was just, well, pretty much unknown. As I’m writing this post at the end of 2021, I don’t think things changed very much… it’s still a big unknown.
Thankfully, with the vaccine and more people getting vaccinated, we see safety measures getting relaxed and people are starting to travel again. Things are slowly returning to normal but definitely not the same normal as pre-covid days. It’s the new normal. Everyone had to adapted… everyone adapted and we made it through another year. Good job to everyone!
So here are some of my highlights of 2021.
#1 Staycations
Another year or staycations instead of being able to travel. The first staycation happened during Phase 2A and basically, during that period, we couldn’t dine out. It was a different type of holiday but it was still better than nothing.
The second staycation of the year was at MBS for 5 days. It was a proper break. During that time, I got to visit different places and do different things that I don’t normally do. There are quite a few things I’ve not done and places around the country that I’ve not seen. It was good to be able to take time off for a full break.
#2 Changing Jobs
This is the main reason why I was able to take a full break. After working at this preschool for a year or so, I decided to move on and try something new. I may write another post on the challenges of being a preschool teacher some other time.
This new job is a little outside of what I’ve been doing the past 7 years but it’s equally if not even more rewarding. Plus, I get more time on hand, compared to feeling stressed out and have no time to do anything but work. It’s been about 3 months and I feel quite satisfied with what I’m doing now.
#3 Vaccination
I’m putting this down as a significant event because at that point in time I was looking forward to them developing a vaccine and hoping that everything could return to normal one day. Although, there were many concerns regarding getting vaccinated, getting Covid was probably more risky than getting vaccinated. Of course, by now, we would know that getting vaccinated isn’t 100% protection against Covid but it protects us from getting the full symptoms of Covid.
With vaccination, it also started Vaccinated Travel Lanes and by November, quite a few countries opened their gates to travellers. Hopefully, we’ll get to travel sometime next year. Korea, here I come? Or Japan?
What are my plans for 2022?
Currently, my only plans are to get my new workplace more publicity, and of course, I’m really hoping to travel somewhere. I foresee these two plans will be able to keep me busy for the whole year.
I hope that everyone had a good 2021 and will continue to stay safe in 2022.


No comments:
Post a Comment