Once again late to the drama party by waiting for all the episodes of this drama to air before I started watching. However, this time, I managed to catch up with everyone else. I started watching this when episode 15 aired and completed it the day after the final episode 16 aired. So, I’m not that late to this drama party 🎉 but by the time this post goes up, it may be quite late.
I did get some spoilers from those K-pop news sites and that almost made me decide not to watch the drama. I’m glad I decided to start watching drama.
Warning: This post may contain spoilers so if you have not watched the drama, you may not wish to continue reading.
I’ll discuss some of the themes that stood out to me while watching the drama.
Reality
From the beginning of the drama, it gives us a glimpse of the harsh reality that most of us face daily. The female lead quits her job over being treated unfairly at her dental clinic. She then is unable to find a job after she accidentally posts something about her boss on an online platform while drunk. Her boss practically asks her to beg for her job back. In the end, while on a trip to the countryside, she decides to set up her dental practice there.
It shows the contrast of how reality was for her and while “escaping reality”, she manages to find an alternative place to live and work at. Initially, when she first started out living in the new place, it was hard for her to adapt to living out of the city and she even offended some of the people living there. Slowly over time, she grew to like the people and living there.
Friendship and Family
This theme was obvious throughout the drama. The town she was in basically was a small town, so everyone got along well with each other and helped each other out. Although she may have offended some people at first, it was nice to see how everyone bonded as the story developed. In the end, they were truly happy for each other and stuck by Hong Doo Shik through his “controversy”.
I liked how the children featured in the drama had such an adorable friendship. Bo Ra and Yi Jun are the cutest! Kudos to their acting skills… who cried when Yi Jun cried after his parents reunited 🙋🏻♀️ the way their friendship was kind of mirrored the friendships the adults in the town had. In such a close-knit town, they had only each other to rely on.
Ending
I think the saddest part was having to watch Kim Gam Ri pass on… it happened shortly after Hong Doo Shik “controversy” was resolved and he announced his engagement with Yoon Hye Jin. I did expect a happy ending but I didn’t expect the sad events that came before that.
_______________________________________________________________________
It’s taken me some time to post this review and a lot has happened since then regarding the male lead of this drama, Kim Seon Ho. Just glad that the truth is out and his name has been cleared. He genuinely seems like a nice guy who probably just met someone who isn’t very nice. I hope that his job doesn’t get affected by this scandal when he’s clearly not in the wrong.
Hope that those who watched Hometown Cha Cha Cha enjoyed it as much as I did. It was one of the good dramas of 2021.
Till the next drama, stay safe and take care ♥


No comments:
Post a Comment