Thursday, 21 October 2021

Bioré UV Light Up Essence | Review

I haven’t been a big fan of using sunblock until recent years after learning that exposure to sun can cause additional skin problems like break outs, more moles and maybe even skin cancer in the long run. Since then, it has been an aim of mine to find a good sunblock.

The previous sunblock I was using was good but it was being discontinued due to a discrepancy in the SPF rating. I still had quite a bit left but after testing, the SPF wasn’t as high as stated which means I wasn’t getting that much protection… So I had to find another alternative sunblock fast. 


After looking around for a while, this Biore UV Light Up Essence sunblock kept popping up on my timeline. Plus, it was pretty affordable, ranging from $16 - $19. It also has SPF50+ PA++++. 

My thoughts on this product…

Although initially this product applies quite thick and feels sticky, after blending it out and spreading it over your face, it settles pretty nicely and doesn’t feel as thick anymore. So even with applying foundation on top, it doesn’t feel cakey. I also thought that it would get oily after a while but it does stay on quite nicely, without smudging or wrinkling. 

On some lazy days, I can leave the house with just this sunblock on. It does have a slight brightening effect so I could make it without foundation or any other makeup on top. I would say it works like a tinted moisturiser? With mask-wearing, I didn’t put much makeup on for a while due to “maskne” so glad that this sunblock provides more than just sun protection. 

I like that it’s affordable and easy to purchase. Although I got mine from Don Don Donki, it’s easily found at other drug stores like Watsons and Guardian. After using this product, I found my skin to be less dry at the spots that were usually dry and peeling so I will definitely be continuing to use this until there’s a need to change again. 

I would definitely recommend this product and recommend everyone to make sunblock part of your daily makeup routine! Take care and stay safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment