Sunday, 3 January 2021

Hello Twenty Twenty-One


So... It's 2021. I realised I didn't write a post for the beginning of 2020 but 2020 did pass by quickly. It was really one a kind year! It was both eventful and uneventful at the same time. The circuit breaker kind of divided the year into half. Everything that happened before and during circuit breaker is kind of a blur. There were lots of adjusting to do and getting used to the "new normal".

Here are some 2020 highlights! 

#1 I resigned from my job 
While Covid-19 was going around and things were uncertain, I resigned from my job of 6 years. A lot of people probably would've questioned my decision considering that the timing wasn't very good. I had been sitting on the fence about resigning since 2019 and since everything happens in God's perfect timing, it did turn out well in the end. 

So, I left my first job at the end of April and took a month long break in May. 

#2 Started a new job 
It was really God's plan because I didn't have a plan. At all. I resigned without any plan and within a few weeks, I managed to find a new job. Started this job right after circuit breaker and according to others, it was a good time to start as everyone was returning from circuit breaker and it was a fresh start for everyone. 

#3 Staycations 
I’m putting this as a highlight of the year because it’s the closest thing to a holiday this year. Went for 2 staycations and enjoyed the short getaway. It was quite an experience being a tourist in your own country. You'd be surprised how many places you don't know about. 

These are some of the highlights of 2020 and there are quite a lot of things I hope and expect to do in 2021. I used to write down and make plans for the year ahead but I decided not to do that as plans change and nothing really ever goes according to plan. So... let's just hope for a great 2021! 

Oh! Before I forget, I cancelled my Dayre subscription so some updates that would have originally been posted on Dayre will now be shared here! Do keep a look out for those updates. 

Take care and stay safe ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment