While the drama is still fresh in my mind, I shall attempt to complete this review. It's the latest drama that I've watched. It was recommended by my friend and finally decided to check it out.
So this drama sounded like it had quite a typical storyline which is didn't have high expectations for. It seemed like it would be a cliché typical drama but there were a few points that caught me by surprise. I'd say Chinese dramas are longer and have more episodes but they do cover quite a lot of details. It makes viewers happy and so far no open endings, unlike some K-dramas.
Warning: This post will contain spoilers so if you have not watched the drama, you may not wish to continue reading.
Plot
Basically, the storyline was rather usual and could have turned out to be basic but the writers added their ups and down which actually keep viewers interested.
I liked how they had that aspect of the past. Although many dramas have their characters sharing past experiences or knew each other in the past, I didn't find this storyline too cliche. It was interesting enough for me to stay to find out more. If I had to make a reference, I would say it reminded me of Her Private Life, where they revealed what happened in the past bit by bit.
The main plot of the drama I'd have to say it's quite original. Despite it being a fictional illness, it was quite believable. They were consistent in portraying that through the different scenes with what she ate and even in those scenes where people wanted to hurt her.
However, at a certain point, I felt that the writers had included too many obstacles for the female and male lead to overcome? Bad things were happening one after another and it made me feel very sorry for the female lead. Ultimately, she does overcome all the challenges and emerges victorious. So maybe the writers wanted to bring viewers right to the bottom of the pit so that we will really feel proud of the female lead for her accomplishments.
The Ending
It was a very complete ending! I love complete endings with all the loose ends tied up nicely and viewers aren't left hanging. I guess with 24 episodes, it's possible to cover everything and even develop the characters well. This is different from some K-dramas where it's tough to cover everything in 16 episodes. Maybe K-dramas can consider having more episodes? I don't think fans will complain about that.
If you're looking for an easy, lighthearted drama to watch while you're staying at home, do check this out! If you're a banana (yellow on the outside, white on the inside) like me, you can find English subbed episodes on YouTube!
Stay safe and mask up everyone! 😷


No comments:
Post a Comment