Chinese New Year. Time of celebration and also time for movie marathons at relatives homes. We usually watch either Chinese movies or English movies but this year, with the strong recommendation from my sister, we watched a Korean movie titled Forgotten, 기억의밤.
When I first heard that it was a thriller, I wasn't very keen on watching it but when I saw that it was staring Kang Haneul, I got myself comfy on the sofa and decided to continue with the show.
It's starts out like a normal Korean drama but right from the beginning, there were many scenes that made you question what was going on and of course scenes that were obviously there just to give viewers a shock. Halfway through the movie, there were too many questions formed, I decided to search out the story plot and read it, just in case we had to leave before completing the movie.
The story plot found online itself was so confusing. Thankfully we managed to finish the movie and all my questions were answered. So I give it to the screenwriter for wrapping up the entire plot up nicely for us. I would've hated it if they built it up to a peak only for it to have a flat ending.
I would say the ending for this movie was a little unexpected, not really a full twist but it did make me go, "What? Like that also can!". So I wouldn't classify it as a boring movie that totally wasted my time. However, I did feel that the shock scenes were one too many especially halfway through the movie. But I guess it's a thriller... So the main purpose of the movie is to give thrill seeking movie goers what they paid for?
On the whole, I wouldn't say I loved this movie or hated it but it wasn't a bad one. The ending was a little sad to be honest but can't picture it ending in another way.
Do check this movie out! ♥


No comments:
Post a Comment