Anyway, let’s get on with this week’s song review! This week, we have none other than Jessica’s Fly!
I previously put out a poll on Twitter and this song won the poll a few weeks in a row. It must really be popular huh. I mean it is Jessica’s solo debut song since she left Girls’ Generation so definitely people would have been anticipating her comeback.
What I think attracted people, and I think this factor attracts a lot of attention, is that her debut showcased a very confident personality. Usually, if you’re confident or appear confident, it does just make people want to watch it or pay more attention to it. I think that could be why her solo debut was this successful.
Not only that, the song was really Jessica’s style. I mean I’m not sure if that’s the kind of music she likes and wants to produce but the concept of Fly totally suited her image. The girly, ice princess, fashionable and stylish image.
Somehow I feel that there was some improvement in her vocals. Her voice, compared to the other Girls’ Generation members is on the sweeter side and maybe while she’s singing along with them, their voices just overpowers hears. Though it’s distinct enough for it to be noticed. When she’s singing solo, her voice just stands out more probably due to the fact the song is catered solely to her singing style and voice so it just sounds great.
I’m excited to see what other songs Jessica would be showing us in the future. I do believe it’s worth it to check out!


No comments:
Post a Comment