Sunday, 14 August 2016

Jukebox #79 Monster ♥︎

So I haven't been writing Jukebox posts in awhile. Many apologies. Shall try to get back on track with these posts.

Without further ado, this week we have EXO's Monster.



For some reason I like this song! I mean it's high unlikely that I wouldn't like an EXO song right. Initially when I heard Lucky One, I had the feeling I might not like Monster since I didn't really fancy that song. However, when I heard Monster, I immediately liked it. 

It should be considered rare as I'm more of a ballad person but some songs do slip through the gap, like Monster. I'm not sure what genre this song belongs to, electronic dance music? Or just dance music? Anyhow, it's just energetic and not something I would usually listen to. Nonetheless, it'll probably be good for studying or waking up. 

When I first saw the concept photos, it reminded me on SHINee. I think they had a similar concept when the nose rings and stuff like that. Now that I think about it, this song does have a SHINee feel to it too. Wouldn't be a surprise since they're in the same company and SM is quite the trend leader in terms of style, concept, etc. 

Just saw a few days ago that the repackaged album will be released soon. Wonder what kind of song and concept they'll be showing us next! 

Do take a listen to Monster and stay tuned for more Jukebox song reviews in the weeks to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment