This week we have Miss A’s 다른 남자 말고 너 Only You.
So far in the Kpop industry, there have been a lot of songs titled ‘Only You’ or ‘Only U’. It’s probably a nice sounding title that is also in English. In my song library alone, I’ve four songs with this title. They’re by Super Junior, TaeTiSeo, 2PM and of course this one by Miss A. I’m sure there are more groups with a song with this title. This is just a random fact I realised while I was searching through my song library.
When it comes to Miss A, I haven’t disliked any of their promotional songs except maybe Touch. With my favourite being I Don’t Need A Man and Goodbye Baby. I would think of them as quite a successful girl group (supporting my theory that girl groups with four members generally do well). Compared to other JYP groups, I think Miss A rose to popularity quite quickly. People would think it’s because of Suzy but I can’t say it’s not either. Suzy is really quite popular with her dramas and various CF.
Even in this song, Suzy has quite a lot of lines. I would say she sang three-quarters of the song while Min, Jia and Fei shared the remaining one-quarter. This song didn’t have a rap part so it reduced the ‘screen time’ for Jia actually. Quite disappointing. Though I really liked the beat and song on the whole. It could have been quite cool if a rap part was included in the song somehow.
But anyway, prior to or during this comeback, there were many rumours regarding the group that they weren’t on good terms. People were speculating that the three members were leaving Suzy out of various activities like birthday parties and they would just hang out without her. Of course, people mostly stood on Suzy’s side but others pointed out that it could be that Suzy doesn’t have time or doesn’t want to hang out with them anymore because she’s more popular. I guess we will never know what really went down but now we aren’t sure about the future of Miss A since Jia ended her contract with JYP.
Whatever it is, I hope that Miss A will still be able to promote as a four-member group even with Jia in a different company. It’ll be rather interesting to see how that’ll work out and I’m sure a team like that would be in the spotlight.
Without further ado, I’ll leave you to listen to this song and check Miss A out! Who knows this might be their last album together.
Next week's song review will be a special one as the song received the higher vote for three weeks in a row. There'll be a new poll on Twitter with two new songs next week, do keep a lookout for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment