Wednesday, 18 May 2016

UK Drugstore Haul ♥︎

Compared to others, I would think that my hauls are generally quite small. Getting more than three items is pretty much considered a haul already. I don't really get a lot of stuff at one time but with all the little purchases, it does add up. Teehee.

I got all these products from two different drugstores, Boots and Superdrug. Personally, I feel like Superdrug has more options, plus my sister is a member at Superdrug so it made more sense to shop there. Then again, if it weren't for the membership, both Boots and Superdrug has quite regular sales. Sales like '3 for the price of 2' or something like that. I can't remember the exact terms they use. It doesn't matter how they call it, sale is sale!

Let's jump right into what I got! 😊


I realised I bought products for the face, probably because I already have enough items for eyes and lips 😝

• L'oreal Le Blush 163 Nectarine
• L'oreal Glam Bronze Mono 00 Blonde Sun

I got these items on the first day I was in Manchester. Yes, we went shopping on the first day. My sister brought me to a really big Boots outlet in the Manchester town and we got these items along with the Rimmel foundation which I will talk about next.


Decided to put these two items together because I got them together. If I'm not wrong I got them using the '2+1' sale. I can't really remember what they meant, probably it meant getting the cheapest item for free. My sister got a gloss to make it three items.

I knew I had to get the blush after seeing it on one of Zoella's videos (Boots Haul, if I'm not wrong). It's a peachy pink shade that surprisingly really suits my skin tone very well. I wore it on the second day in Manchester and it looked really quite fabulous 😍


I got the bronzer because, well, ever since I've added contouring into my daily makeup routine, it doesn't feel the same without it. I really like this bronzer for it's matte finish and it does look quite natural. The Korean contouring is usually on the natural and faint side compared to the western contouring. (Probably will do a post on my bronzers in the near future too)

The bronzer was a little bit troublesome though. I didn't check it when I got it, just took it and went to pay. When I got back and opened it, the powder was everywhere. It was cracked! I didn't drop it or do anything to it. So I brought it back to Boots the next day and did an exchange. The sales lady didn't look too happy but she did the exchange for me nonetheless 😊 It was a good experience though, experience of shopping overseas.

• Rimmel Match Perfection 200 Soft Beige


Once again I saw this product on one of Zoella's video and personally I don't have any liquid foundations. I've always used BB Creams or cushion foundations. Thought I'd give it a shot since Rimmel isn't too expensive.

Aside from the funky scent, I think it's pretty good! It has pretty good (medium to full) coverage which I really fancy.



It's of a pretty thick texture, more creamy than liquid, and because of that, I prefer using a brush to apply it. Using my fingers would make it feel thick and the application will not be as even as compared to a brush.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with this foundation! Although at times it does feel a little thick, after patting it down with my hands and applying powder, it does feel better. The only downside is that it has SPF20... I wouldn't wear this on a day when I've to be outdoors. The sun here is crazyyyy.

Also, I quite like that they have a large range of shades. I'm in the middle and actually towards the lighter side. I thought I'd be a Sand or something but I'm still in the Beige range. I'm not that tan. Yippee!

An extra interesting point, I used to think the testers at drugstores in SG were badly maintained until I shopped overseas, I realised, all the testers are badly maintain 😣  I guess it's not easy to keep an eye on all the testing counters.

• Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 


This is a new brush I got that I absolutely love! I first saw this on one of Weylie's videos and it really did a good job blending out her foundation. I first saw it on the first day at Superdrug but didn't get until we returned from our holiday. It retailed for £8 which converts to about $16. In the end I got it because it costs more in Singapore so I thought, why not. Plus I'd totally regret it when I came back.

So far I've been using this brush to apply the Rimmel foundation above and it really does do a good job! Unlike applying the product using sponge or fingers, I think using a brush like this would apply liquid foundations more evenly. I like how it doesn't absorb the foundation thus providing a pretty good coverage, making it seem that I have good complexion.

• Maybelline Baby Skin Cool Rose


I wasn't intending on getting this product but there was the 3 for 2 offer for Maybelline products.... I've heard that the blue tube one, Pore Eraser, is pretty good but since they have that in Singapore, I decided against it. Since sometimes I feel like I look quite sleepy, I got the Instant Fatigue Blur one. The colour is similar to my Etude House Face Blur one but the texture is more watery than that. It does make my skin look brighter and thus livelier?



It actually appears a little pinkish but after applying in on the face, it's no longer visible. So far I have been using this product in small amounts but I'll probably need to apply more to see how it works. Will definitely update you guys then.

• Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Nude


Wow, that's a really long name. This product is highly raved about! This is the product that I was planning to get as they don't have it in Singapore (some people have said to have seen it in town now). On the first day in Manchester when we went to the drugstore, the Maybelline section didn't have this product at all. I was totally disappointed! I thought it was sold out and left the shop totally heartbroken.

Thankfully when we returned from our travels, it was fully restocked! Maybe this is a new packaging or something but it doesn't matter, I was happy to get my hands on it!


When I first tried it out in Manchester, I kept twisting it but the product wouldn't come out. I gave up and decided to wait until I got back to use it. As seen in the swatch above, it looks rather light but it isn't too bad after blending it out as it doubles up as a highlighter as well.

I like using it for my dark circles because of the brightening effects, it really makes it less obvious. Plus, it doesn't feel sticky or thick which most concealers feel like after you put them on. I also use this to highlight my forehead and my nose bridge. Definitely recommend this product 👍🏻



In fact, my hauls are quite mini compared to other people. I really just buy what I (think I) need so that I don't overspend and end up with things that I won't use. Nonetheless, if you're there to shop and are more adventurous with makeup products, I'm sure there are a lot of more products that you can get and try out. It's really nice to have a drugstore. Watsons doesn't count as a drugstore because their prices are quite high since all the products are imported.

That brings me to this end of this rather long UK Drugstore Haul post! It took me a few days to type this whole post out. Of course, I was distracted in between... Anyway, hope this post was useful for those who are traveling to the UK ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment