Sunday, 22 May 2016

Jukebox #72 Someday ♥︎

I haven’t been very good with introductions. I’ve written so many weekend Jukebox Song Reviews by now, I’ve run out of cool things to say at the beginning of posts. Maybe it’s also a good idea that we jump right into the post anyway! Let’s do that!

This week, we have a rather old song. It’s IU’s Someday from the Dream High OST.



Dream High was actually released in 2011. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years already! I still can remember watching Dream High on TV with my sisters and debating which male lead we liked. Of course, there was the Taecyeon team and the Kim Soohyun team. At that time I was in the Taecyeon team. I liked Taecyeon from 2PM anyways. Hehe.

Prior to Dream High, I don’t think I liked IU very much. I didn’t have a particular reason but I just didn’t like her. Through Dream High, I was quite impressed with her acting and grew to like her a little. However, the dating scandal with Eunhyuk happened shortly after but I guess since I still listen to her songs, I don’t dislike her that much.

Anyway, it must have been strange for IU to work on Dream High considering JYP was in it and she was rejected from JYP previously. If she had made her debut with JYP, I think he would have made quite a lot of money considering she is quite popular now. If I’m not wrong, JYP wrote this song Someday and it does suit IU’s vocals pretty well.

For those who have yet to watch Dream High, I suggest you do! It’s a pretty good drama staring Suzy, Taecyeon, Kim Soohyun, IU, Wooyoung, etc. Plus, they have a pretty good soundtrack as well!


That's all I have for this week's Song Review! There'll be more exciting Song Reviews coming up in the following weeks so do come back and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment