Sunday, 29 May 2016

Jukebox #73 반말송 ♥︎

Seriously! The weekends come and go so quickly! It feels like before I can complete a blog post the weekend comes and I’ve to write another song review again! Not to worry, I enjoy recommending and talking about various Korean pop songs! Some of which are (or were) quite underrated and deserve more love.

Let’s get right into this week’s review!

We have none other than, the Banmal Song by CNBlue's Yonghwa.




It’s actually written by Yonghwa for the popular virtual reality program We Got Married. So whenever the Banmal Song is mentioned, one would automatically think of Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun as well. They worked on the lyrics together and did a video recording during We Got Married as part of a mission. Maybe it's more successful because the lyrics are genuine and real feelings went into producing this song. Things done with some TLC usually turns out better right? ☺



I think the song was quite successful that’s why they chose to release it as a single. If I’m not wrong, many people did covers for this song. It shouldn’t be s surprise though since the YongSeo couple did have many fans. They even performed it together during a concert. I'm not sure which concert it was but they do sound together, don't they?



I think that Yonghwa’s and Seohyun’s voices are quite compatible. That’s quite an important factor in singing with someone as well. That’s why some Korean groups just sound better than others. Some groups have voices that stick out like sore thumbs when they sing in unison. This is probably the choir background speaking. It used to bother me if a voice sticks out thus I really appreciate if a group sounds good when they sing together.

I guess you can classify this song as “my style” again. It’s a somewhat acoustic song that can be spilt into parts or have a harmony. Somehow I prefer songs that someone can harmonise to although I’m not someone who is able to listen to a song and harmonise right away (despite my choir background). I liked this song so much I went to learn the harmony part. Hehe. Not sure who I’m going to sing it with though. Hahaha.

Alrighty! I better stop myself and let you guys listen to this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment