Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Innisfree: Green Tea Balancing Skin ♥︎

A new change to my skincare routine! I think I might end up switching to all the green tea products eventually. You'll see why as you read on~ I've really grown quite fond of the Innisfree skincare products!
Innisfree
Green Tea Balancing Skin

Basically after purchasing The Green Tea Seed Cream (read review here) I really was quite impressed with its moisturising properties. I also realised that my skin was actually drier than I thought it to be. So instead of a pore reducing toner, I should go for a moisturising toner instead to prevent flaking of the skin around my T-zone.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of time, I had to send my mum to purchase this for me. I didn't know that there are a few different green tea lines. Apparently, the different green tea lines cater to the different skin types.
  • Oily skin: The green tea fresh line
  • Combination skin: The green tea balancing line
  • Dry skin: The green tea moisture line
  • Special moisturizing and nourishing care line: The green tea seed line
She had to check with me what my skin type was before making the purchase. I'm of a Dry-Combination skin type so my mum got this toner for me.

Here's a description of this product from the Innisfree site:
A moisturizing and nourishing toner with eco-friendly Jeju fresh green tea & green tea seeds
More moisturizing and refreshing than ever before!

1. Green tea extracted from fresh green tea leaves harvested on Jeju Island is rich in amino acids and minerals that help keep the skin moisturized.
2. With a water-like texture, it applies smoothly and absorbs quickly without any stickiness.
3. The natural moisturizing agent betaine, derived from amino acids, provides intense moisture for combination skin to restore the skin's natural balance.
My Thoughts

It actually caught my by surprise when I first tried to use the product. Unlike the liquid texture of previous toner I've been using (unfortunately, didn't write a review for that), this toner has a thicker, gel like texture. I was a little skeptical at first on how it would feel on my skin but it felt fine ☺ It's not sticky neither did it feel thick.

The Green Tea Balancing Skin retails for around SGD $24 for 200ml of product. It is quite reasonably priced and toners do last quite a long time. Especially for this toner, I don't have to pour a lot out onto my cotton pad, around a 10c or 20c coin size would suffice 👍🏻

The Verdict

After using this product for around a week or so, I've observed that my skin seems more hydrated. Previously, if I skip out a day applying lotion, my skin would be quite dry and my foundation would be patchy. With this toner, my skin doesn't appear dry or patchy as quickly. I can't comment if there has been lesser oil secretion as the weather is really hot right now ☹ But really, hydrated skin really makes a huge difference; lesser dry patches, lesser breakouts.

I would recommend this product for people with combination or combination-dry skin. I'm not so sure about the oily skin type, as moisturising products might cause the skin to appear oily or shiny.



Hope that this review was useful though it was a short one. I'm really starting to switch to mostly Innisfree skincare products. Probably going to be getting the Green Tea Cleansing Foam next!

2 comments: