Anyway, for this week’s review we have Super Junior Ryeowook’s The Little Prince! This song was actually rather popular, in fact it won the twitter poll two weeks in a row. I did mention that I would review songs that aren’t so popular but I guess this song (and a few other new hits) is an exception. Hehe.
I’m quite glad that Ryeowook is finally made his solo debut! I was wondering when he would make his debut since Kyuhyun already released two solo albums. It’s about time another member gets his own album. I’m expecting that Yesung would make a solo debut soon too especially since he’s discharged from the army and all. It would make perfect sense to promote him when the other members are serving their army time.
I think I’ve mentioned it countless times before that I really like ballad songs. It’s quite difficult for me to dislike a slow soothing song like this with good vocals. Haha. However with ballads, it’s rare that it’s a happy song. It’s always a little gloomy and sad. The Little Prince too is of that nature. The lyrics speak of someone hoping to have a loving relationship with someone else unfortunately isn’t able to have that kind of relationship. And uses the words of The Little Prince to comfort himself. (I didn’t read The Little Prince so I can’t comment if that’s what the book says.)
On the whole, I think the whole album is worth listening too as well. That’s the thing about solo albums, the songs really brings out and showcases the singer’s vocals. Rarely they would include songs that doesn’t suit the singer’s vocals.
That's it for this week's song review! Do take time to head down to twitter to vote for next week's song review!


No comments:
Post a Comment