Thursday, 15 October 2015

Etude House: Dreaming Swan Shine Volumer ♥︎

Hi friends! It's been awhile but here's another beauty review for you! It's quite a new product that arrived on our sunny shores not too long ago!
Etude House
Dreaming Swan Shine Volumer
03 Shine Tutu

My friend got me this for my birthday! It was a belated birthday present but nonetheless I love it! The Dreaming Swan was an exclusive series that was only available at the Etude House as Vivo. My friend purchased this from qoo10 though, the prices would be slightly cheaper than purchasing it from the shops here. Currently, I think the Dreaming Swan series is available at other Etude House stores but I haven't seen the Shine Volumer on sale, just the lipstick and the blush.

I initially wasn't thinking of getting this but I've seen photos and it really does look pretty. Here's the description of the product:
Dreaming Swan Collection by 'Etude House X Kerrie Hess'. A Pearl-Cream multi shadow that absorbed brightly and smoothly on every area that needs dazzling shimmer.

1. Crystal shine pearl: Transparently and delicately shiny pearl that makes moisturized lovely eyes.
2. Clear pearl expression: Powerful instant fitting system keeps pearl not to fall out for delicate and clear pearl expression.
3. Volume multi texture: Bounce-up gel type texture to express 3D-effect volume.

4. Moisturising texture: Non-sticky and moisturising texture to provide shiny volume on broad area.
How to use
Apply a certain amount by gently dabbing onto areas that need dazzling shimmer such as under the eyes or the bridge of nose.
I haven't tried this product on my nose yet. I usually use this on my eyes. Similar to Etude House Tear Drop Liner, I would apply this on the lower lash line and slightly on the inner upper corner of my eyes. This product is much more pigmented than the Tear Drop Liner so it can be used as an eyeshadow as well.

My Thoughts

First of all, I have to say, Etude House has really pretty packaging! I can't emphasise enough how much I love their packaging. Hehe. I love the whole ballerina theme and design. It reminded me of my ballet days when I was younger.

The applicator is pretty different from the Tear Drop Liner which uses a brush. This applicator is a spongey one and it picks up more product than the brush.




As so I like to blend it out with my fingers as one gentle dab would already apply quite a lot of product. I think it would look too frightening to leave that amount of sparkle around my eyes. 

The shade that I got Shine Tutu is a pinkish slightly peachy shade that resembles the colour of a ballet tutu. I chose this one as it seemed more natural amongst the three shades. Also, the first two shades are similar to the Tear Drop Liners that I already own. So why not get something different right? 

The Verdict

On the whole I really like this product. Since I've enjoyed using the Tear Drop Liners, I wasn't expecting anything less from this product. And of course, this product exceeded my expectations! I like how it's formula is thicker and more pigmented than the Tear Drop Liner which then allows it to last longer throughout the day. 

I would recommend this to all those who likes highlighting your aegyo-sal and adding some sparkle into your look. Adding this would make your look a little cutesy so it may not be for everyone. Nonetheless, if you like sparkly things, I'd totally recommend this.



That's all for this review! Hope you've found it useful! If you've tried using this product in different ways, do leave a comment and share! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment