Address: 8 Grange Road
#03-06 Cathay Cineleisure Orchard
Singapore 239695
Open Daily: 11:30-23:00
It was my first time hearing of this restaurant. I probably only heard of the more popular Korean chicken joints in Singapore. I went with a group of food bloggers, Janel, Hannah and Luna, so they definitely know a lot more about food places than me!
As seen in the photo above, the restaurant is really quite small. I think it seats only around 20ish people? It's pretty cramped too. Customers had to sit back to back. It wouldn't be a good idea to bring a large group of friends there for dinner.
We didn't take too long deciding what to order since ordering Korean chicken is rather straightforward. You can check out the menu here on their Facebook page. I think it's a different menu from when we went there. Then we ordered a whole chicken and could choose four different flavours. If I'm not wrong, the current menu allows you to choose only two different flavours.
So for our chicken, we had four flavours and there were: Garlic, Soy, Original and Yangnyum (Sweet and spicy).
Hmm, honestly I wasn't too impressed with how this chicken tasted. The crispy part of the chicken, no doubt it was very crispy, but it had a strong flour taste. Also there wasn't anything special amongst the flavours, there was only a slight difference. To me, it mostly tasted like the original fried chicken but with flavouring. So I wouldn't say that there was anything particularly outstanding or impressive.
Along with our chicken, we ordered some beer as well as Korean rice wine, Makeolli!
It was my first time ordering alcohol together with a meal and must I say, I can understand why Koreans enjoy drinking beer with their chicken. I can't explain the taste but the feeling is really refreshing! Anyway, that's besides the point. It's quite cool that Choo Choo Chicken actually serves Makgeolli like in the traditional teapot and even the aluminium bowl. According to Janel, the aluminium bowl makes the Makgeolli taste better because of some reaction the drink has with the bowl. Makgeolli is pretty good though.
Overall thoughts on this food place. Hmm I'm not impressed with the chicken served at this place. Not to mention, I don't feel that it's worth my money. It's lacking the wow factor. Nonetheless, after eating fried chicken in Korea, my standard has increased a lot. So for people who have not tried authentic Korean chicken, they might enjoy the chicken at this restaurant.
Food reviews are subjective because it's really based on your own opinion and well, tastebuds. One man's food is another man's poison!
So, hope you've found this food review useful and although I don't write such posts often, I hope you've enjoyed reading this!

No comments:
Post a Comment