Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Yum Tum Tum: O'ma Spoon ♥︎

The bingsoo craze has arrived in Singapore! I think last year around this time I was craving for some bingsoo but unfortunately I did not know of any place that sold it. However in 2015, all of a sudden there are many new bingsoo cafes around! Bingsoo's sudden increase in popularity has made me very happy ^^

The first bingsoo I had locally was at Chicken Up and then at another place at Orchard Central. After I tried the bingsoo at O'ma Spoon, I think it's the best bingsoo I've had locally.
Address: 313 Orchard Road
#04-20/32 313@Somerset
Singapore 238895



The cafe is located in the middle part of the 4th floor at 313 Somerset. The main kitchen and the sitting area is divided by a walkway. They use the buzzer just like most Korean cafes. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the buzzer. It buzzes when your order is ready and you just go to the counter to collect it.

I have been to O'ma Spoon twice. The photos above were taken on my first visit there. The first time, we ordered a Green Tea Bingsoo ($13.90) and two Petite Bingsoo with toppings ($5.80).

I enjoyed the Green Tea Bingsoo a lot! It came with a small cup of condensed milk to pour over. So with every scoop there'll be some of everything! However, the Petite Bingsoo was kind of a disappointment. It was the same thing as the bingsoo from Chicken Up. Basically the toppings are only at the top, everything inside is just ice. They didn't layer it unlike the bigger bowl version.



I would recommend this cafe to my friend that enjoy this Korean dessert as much as I do. I think that it's a really good dessert suitable for the hot local weather. It doesn't taste like the ice kachang as it has much finer ice shavings that just melts when it goes into your mouth. I'm sure those who enjoy sweet desserts would enjoy this too so do drop by O'ma Spoon and give this bingsoo a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment