Hey girls! Do you know what time it is? It must be party time!It's the weekends again! This week it's a super long weekend of 4 days! Yay! It's our National Day weekend and since it's Singapore's 50th birthday, we have a special celebrate with a 4 day weekend!
Anyway, back to the song recommendation! This week we have the song Party by Girls' Generation!
I've had this song stuck in my head for the longest time. I think it's a pretty good song, don't you think? For some reason, I liked this song from listening to the teaser. I'm not sure exactly which part of the song captured my attention but I'm guessing it's due to a few things that I'll state below.
Firstly, the tune! Don't you think it's very catchy? I guess it has to be catchy for a summer song and especially with a beach theme. It really makes me relaxed as thought it's a party.
Secondly, the dance! I've been watching countless live performances just because I really like the dance. Haha. It's a little girly but I guess the focus usually is the synchronised dance steps. And of course, they look good dancing these dance moves. I've always thought that the Girls' Generation members were all pretty good dancers.
Thirdly, their outfits! For some reason this concept that they have chosen isn't overly sexy or sleazy even though they were spotted wearing beach wear for their music video. Even for their live performances they wore shorts, off shoulder tubes and tanks but it didn't look too sexy. It was mentioned during a behind the scenes filming video that their theme was something bohemian so I guess that explains the nice accessories as well. I feel that this style concept matches the song and dance perfectly.
Put all the above reasons together and I guess it would explain why I love this song. I've been singing it and humming it for weeks now. (I'm humming to A Pink's Remember now, if anyone's curious.)
But I guess it was surprising that Girls' Generation is still doing well despite Jessica's departure. It's been announced recently that Jessica officially leaves SM so there probably wouldn't be a chance for her to join Girls' Generation again. It's good though that something like that doesn't affect their promotions and fan base. I think with EXO, the fans were rather affected. I'm not sure about f(x) with Sulli officially leaving the group as well. What's with SM this few years...
Alright, that's all I have for this week's song recommendation and review! Hope you guys enjoy listening to this song too!


No comments:
Post a Comment