Saturday, 15 August 2015

Jukebox #39 Let's Try ♥︎

The weekend comes quickly but it doesn't arrive as quickly as I hope it would. Pains of working life! Haha. But anyway, here's another song review!

This week we have 훌쩍 (Let's Try) by f(x)!




The song really stood out from the first time I heard it. It's pretty unusual for a Kpop song. The base beat is strong and also the tune is quite unique. I'm not sure if this is part of the pop genre of it's part of another genre of music. Anyhow, people tend to just lump Korean music under Kpop anyway although I'm sure there are many genres of music.

Although f(x) is also an SM group and I've followed their comebacks since their debut, I've always felt that they don't receive that much attention. For instance, fans are constantly pointing out the fact that they still don't have a fanclub name whereas other groups already have one. Plus of course, there have been many other negative things happening to the group.

The most recent thing would be Sulli officially leaving the group. This was announced shortly after the news of Jessica officially leaving SM went out. It only stated that she left f(x) and not SM so I'm not sure what are her plans for the future. Did she say she wants to focus on acting? I don't remember reading that. But anyhow, I hope that there'll be lesser of such news for SM. It's been happening quite frequently in the past 2 years. SM needs to do something about it.



That's all I have for this week's song review! Enjoy listening to this song and stay tuned for next week's song recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment