Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Yum Tum Tum: Chicken Up ♥︎

Tried out Chicken Up for the first time a few weeks ago! My mum has been going on about this new Korean chicken joint for weeks. She enjoyed their japchae and she kept suggesting that place whenever we went out to eat. So finally one day, we did go there for dinner.
Address: 2 Tampines Central 5, #01-44 to 47,
Chicken Up Tampines, Singapore 529509
Open Everyday: 11:30am-11pm (last order at 10:30pm)
The place was crowded just like what we expected. So we waited for around 20 minutes till we were ushered inside and given a table for 2 but with an extra chair to make it a table for 3. We thought it was pretty ridiculous since I was sitting literally in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't put my legs under the table so I had to cross it awkwardly at the side. Not only that, the table was obviously too small for 3 people to have a comfortable meal.

After bringing it up to the friendly manager, he assured us he would move us to the bigger table that they were currently clearing up. About 10 minutes later, we moved to a table for 4 and the kind waitress (unfortunately I don't remember her name) helped us to move our cups. She even remembered which cup belonged to which person and we thought that was really nice of her.

We ordered 2 different flavours of chicken. One is the original fried chicken and the other would be the yangnyum (seasoned) chicken. We also ordered japchae (not photographed) and the corn salad.





I thought the chicken tasted pretty good. The outer layer of the chicken was crispy and well flavoured which to me is the most important factor in Korean fried chicken. For the yangnyum chicken, I quite enjoyed the sauce as well. It was a pretty good balance between sweet, salty and spicy.

For dessert we ordered...



BINGSOO!

Ever since trying my first bingsoo in Korea last year, it's been at the top of my dessert list along with ice cream. As we were quite full from the main meals, we ordered two cups of mini bingsoo, mango and pat (red bean).

Unfortunately, I wasn't that pleased with this mini bingsoos. The cup is tall so halfway through I was just eating plain ice since the toppings were just at the top. If we ordered a full bingsoo in a bowl, I would think the toppings are more and layered so that every scoop would have some flavour instead of it being just plain ice. I guess that's the difference. So sometimes ordering the full sized one would be more worth it.



This is my first food blog post or review! Please go easy on me! I would recommend this restaurant to friends and I would visit this place again despite it being on the costly side. They do have pretty decent tasting chicken and since they don't have many outlets in Singapore, you can be assured that the quality is maintain probably quite close to the standard in Korea. Maybe next time I'll just go with my parents again (yay to free meals). Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment