Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Makeup Misunderstandings ♥︎

Finally clearing out and finish writing some of these blog posts! I'm planning to blog more about makeup or makeup related things so hopefully I'll be able to keep up.



This post, as the title reads, will be about makeup! A little on some misunderstandings people get when it comes to makeup and also a little personal sharing as well as how and why I started applying makeup!

So let's, G. O. Go!

1. People who have no self confidence or low self esteem apply makeup. 

I guess this would be the most common thing I often hear people saying. If you have low self confidence, you would then need makeup to help you boost your confidence and make you look better. In some cases, I would think that it's true. There are some people who are unhappy with how they look but I don't think it applies to everyone so we shouldn't generalise.

There are also people who say that natural beauty and inner beauty is important so therefore makeup is unnecessary. Personally, I think that natural and inner beauty is more important than physical and outward beauty but at the same time, sometimes it's important to look presentable. It doesn't mean that applying makeup would make you fake or it means you have low self esteem. Applying makeup can also be a way to show you love yourself enough to care about your appearance and want to take care of yourself.

Just applying some light makeup is good enough for daily looks. There are benefits in applying a little foundation or BB cream on your face. It can brighten your face which makes you looks livelier plus it also has UV protection and sometimes even moisturising qualities! It'll prevent breakouts and dry skin. Makeup can add colour to your face especially if you had to burn midnight oil before an important meeting or presentation. Use some blusher and lipstick to give yourself a professional look.

I started off with simple makeup too. Even now, I don't apply thick makeup when I go to work. Just BB cream, light eyeshadow with eyeliner, mascara, blush, light lip colour, and I'm done! I think I have to look presentable when I'm working especially since it is quite a tiring job. I don't want to look pale and sleepy while working.

2. Makeup spoils your skin.

I think this was one of those thoughts I had. When I was in primary school, I had a friend who travelled frequently with her family as her dad worked overseas. So she was much more mature than most of us at age 12. She put on makeup and had pretty bad skin. So I always thought that concealer would actually make you break out and cause you to have zits everywhere.

I guess that it's possible to break out if you're not using the right products or you don't remove makeup properly. If you're doing everything correctly, you shouldn't break out from applying makeup often. Then again, to a certain extent, wearing thick makeup daily does cause certain damage to your skin.

In reference with like Kpop stars to have makeup on everyday and yet have close to perfect skin. All of them probably pay regular visits to dermatologists or it's possible they hide their flaws with thick makeup. The public wouldn't know unless they reveal their bare faces on camera.

3. People who use makeup are rich. 

People make this comment quite often especially since makeup is quite expensive. I don't think that everyone who uses makeup are rich people. It's just sometimes your job or circumstances require one to apply makeup. There are many drugstore brands out there now, so it is possible to purchase good quality makeup for an affordable price.

I think it helps save money by doing some research before you buy something. There'll definitely be some reviews on various makeup products. Of course, if you can't find a review on a particular product, it either means it's not popular or probably not good >< I usually do some research before buying products. Especially with some brands, it's better to read reviews so you can avoid the trial and error steps.

4. Applying makeup is difficult. 

This would probably be the most popular comment I hear people saying. I don't disagree! Even though I like doing my makeup and probably am quite good at it, there are things that I'm not very good at.

I had to watch many tutorials to get to where I am today. I think practice really helps. If I stop doing makeup for sometime, it's like restarting everything again. For example, I didn't do makeup yesterday and today when I got ready for work, I totally forgot the usual routine or maybe I was just too tired.

Nonetheless, there are still some parts that I don't quite get. I'm not very good with falsies and it still takes me quite some time to draw my eyeliner everyday. Don't be discouraged as practice really helps! Some of my friends suggested playing with your makeup whenever you've the time, it helps improve your skills.

I've also heard that some people find applying eyeshadows difficult. I think it helps using a palette instead of single eyeshadows. Usually the shades in a palette are compatible with each other so you don't have to worry so much about matching the shades. At the drugstore, they do sell small quad palettes with 4 shades. It really makes applying eyeshadow easier as it usually comes with instructions telling you where to apply which shade.



I've finally finished writing this post! Hope that it was somewhat interesting to read and that there were some useful information in it! I'm really trying to blog more about makeup so you'll definitely see more makeup posts coming your way!


No comments:

Post a Comment