Sunday, 1 March 2015

Jukebox #27 If You Love Me ♥︎

As you guys might already know, I do watch tons of Korean dramas. I'm not really a drama addict considering I'm quite picky with the dramas I watch. Of course, I totally enjoy dramas with a good plot and definitely with handsome actors. Hehehe. I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way but I'm really bothered if a drama doesn't have a good OST.

Previously, someone had tweeted me and requested I wrote or recommended songs from dramas or even indie group songs. Unfortunately, I don't know many indie groups, rather I don't know any indie groups at all. But when I was scrolling through my iTunes library, I did find this song. It's both from a drama OST and sung by an indie group.

So, for this week, we have If You Love Me by J.Rabbit from the drama Operation Proposal.



The thing about Korean drama OST is that they've a few songs and it basically repeats throughout the whole show. I don't usually listen to the OST purposefully unless there's a song that I like and then I'll go do some research on it. That's how I got into Kpop anyway! Through the drama Boys Before Flowers and with the song Stand By Me by SHINee

The voice was the first thing that caught my attention. It's just very suitable for the song and it's not like the usual pop style of singing that you hear. I guess that's the thing about indie groups, they sing and perform whatever is comfortable for them.

They've also released an acoustic version of this song.



I honestly prefer the acoustic version. The beat is slower and you get to appreciate the vocals and the music a little bit more. Of course, the other version had to be a little more grand sounding since it's for a drama OST. I think the introduction to the song really stands out. It's pretty unique to have an orchestra like sounding introduction.

Also, I thought this song suited the drama pretty well. There are those dramas with seemingly irritating OST songs that I don't feel suit the whole mood of the scene or the even whole drama is general. I thought this song fitted well into the OST and I really liked the song! Those who have watched this drama, do you share the same thoughts? Haha.

Alrighty! That's all for this week's song recommendation! Do check it out and hope you'll like this song too!

No comments:

Post a Comment