Sunday, 23 November 2014

Jukebox #20 Rewind ♥

Still attempting to get the weekly song recommendation posts out on time >< Obviously I haven't been paying much attention to blogging though I'm sure things would be picking up soon! I've so many drafts waiting to be written. I just realised that in the span of a few months, I've watched a huge amount of Korean dramas. Do look forward to those drama reviews!

So this week's song recommendation is none other than Zhoumi's solo debut, Rewind!

Stop, Rewind, Play!





Honestly, I was quite surprised with Zhoumi's solo debut. I totally didn't see this coming though I wasn't that surprised since Henry made his debut as a solo singer as well. Both Henry and Zhoumi deserve their own stage and their own limelight, so I'm totally happy for them! Though at the same time, I can't help thinking about Kris and Luhan as Zhoumi's from China too. Did SM offer them a different contract? Nonetheless, I'm thankful that Zhoumi is being treated well ^^

Moving on to the song! It's super catchy! Of course, I checked out the song sometime after it was being released. As per usual. I'm always checking things out later than others. At least I didn't do that for Kyuhyun's solo debut. Hehehe. Totally not biased.

I really like the dance! Don't hate me for saying this but I've always found Zhoumi's dancing a little strange. Hehehe. I think it's because he's tall though. He's definitely a good dancer otherwise. The MV is really pretty cool too though I've no idea why they decided to have a caucasian lady as a female lead. I think they used caucasian ladies in the MV of DBSK's Something as well. Maybe they're trying to include different races and countries?

So the Korean lyrics talks about wanting to go back to the past and I guess it's not that much of a happy song. I'm not surprised though since most of the songs I've written about are about relationships and they're usually like full of regret, emotion, frustrations and are just plain upsetting. Hahaha. But I guess, Rewind is a chic kind of breakup song? I thought that the images the lyrics gave were pretty good. Maybe the lyrics translator was good as the English translations actually made sense.

The Chinese lyrics tell of a similar tale and it's quite interesting that the lyrics of both version are actually quite similar to one another. So the meaning and story behind the song don't vary that much. In fact, I think some of the words are even translated to be the same. But I guess with a title like, "Rewind", there isn't really much leeway allowed for a variation in the story of the lyrics.

And of course, I'm totally not surprised that Chanyeol, Tao and a few other SM artistes were featured in the album. SM is a company that has um... a lot of company pride? Hahaha. I'm not complaining though. I seem to like more than one SM group despite all the negativity ><

So that's all for this week's song recommendation! Next week, I'll be recommending a song by... *drum rolls* SHINee! Do stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment