Sunday, 16 November 2014

Jukebox #19 At Gwanghwamun ♥︎

This week's song recommendation is once again a totally unbiased choice. Hahaha. As if! It's Kyuhyun! How can it be unbiased! Haha. I apologise in advance as this post might be more crazy fangirl like than usual.

By popular demand, people have suggested I wrote about this song instead of 'Rewind'. Although I'm pretty sure I'll write about 'Rewind' soon. Maybe next week? Hehe.



You probably can't imagine how shocked and excited I was when they announced Kyuhyun's solo album. I totally did not see this coming! But of course, I don't doubt Kyuhyun's ability. And I thought SM did the right thing by releasing his album only now though they were planning it for 2 years. Kyuhyun has gained popularity over the years with his musicals and made a name for himself (slightly bad name at the start) through various variety shows. I think releasing it earlier wouldn't have been as successful as releasing it now. So, probably this one rare time, I applaud you SM.

The lyrics speaks of well, a rather sad story. It speaks of someone thinking back on a past relationship. Waiting for his previous girlfriend at Gwanghwamun? Hoping that she would show up and maybe she would be standing there waiting for him.

I thought the lyrics were well written. Along with the music, it painted a really sad picture. Well I guess that's what you can expect from ballads right? I don't think I've ever heard a happy ballad. Is there a happy ballad out there? I currently can't think of any but if anyone knows of one, please let me know.

It was really another love at first listen kind of song. I think I've mentioned in other posts that there are a few songs that I've fallen in love with at the first listen. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I decided to be like on time for once and follow Kyuhyun's solo debut (I don't usually follow the whole process; teaser, photos, highlight medley, MV). So when I checked out At Gwanghwamun's teaser video, I had already fallen in love with the song! This song is playing on replay as I'm writing this post hehehe ♥

I'm glad that his song is doing pretty well on the charts! Hehe. I think that he has a chance of topping the charts and winning. This coming week I'm hoping to hear good news. Though it's a sad song. But it's really nice. Totally worthy of first place.

So, that's all for this week's song recommendation. A little more spazzing than usual. Next week I will be writing about... Super Junior! Hehehe. Seems like once and awhile choosing songs to write about is quite refreshing. The following week, I will go back to recommending songs from my library that shuffle randomly chooses. Till then!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment