Saturday, 29 November 2014

Drama Discussion: Angel Eyes ♥

Back with another drama review! If you've clicked on the 'Coming Soon' tab on the top, you would have noticed the amount of drama reviews I'm going to write. I've watched like a great deal of dramas ever since I started work. I think nothing seems to be more relaxing than drama watching. Hahaha. Maybe because Korean actors and actresses are like super pretty and super handsome. Total eye candies!

The drama I'll be discussing in this post is none other than Angel Eyes!


It aired earlier this year from 5th April to 15th June 2014 on SBS. Honestly, I've always thought that SBS had good dramas. They've had dramas like You Who Came From the Stars, The Heirs, You're Beautiful, Secret Garden, etc. I'm not saying that other channels don't have good dramas though. It's just that SBS seems to have quite a few popular dramas over the years.

So let's begin talking about the drama! I'll try my best not to spoil the drama for those who are considering watching it.

The characters.

I think this part is a little confusing, maybe, since the actors do change after the first 2 episodes. The drama starts off with introducing the 2 main characters. Park Dongjoo and Yoon Soowan. Park Dongjoo is played by Kang Haneul in the first 2 episodes and Lee Sangyoon afterward. Yoon Soowan is played by Nam Jihyun and then Goo Hyesun later on. I thought all 4 actors portrayed their roles really well.

Initially, I began watching the drama for Kang Haneul but ended up falling in love with Lee Sangyoon instead. Hahaha. Yes, the main reason why I start watching some dramas are for the actors.

Back to the characters! Honestly, I thought it was pretty interesting showing the shift from the young to the grown up version as it gave us a detailed look into their background story which has a great importance in the whole drama. It was a unique addition that made this drama quite different from the rest.

The plot.

As compared to the dramas I prefer watching, I would think this drama has quite a heavy story line. There are more serious scenes as compared to funny and comical scenes. But of course, with the serious context of the story line, it would be weird too if it were lighthearted and funny.

It focused mostly on the past of the two main characters and though it was pretty complicated, I thought it was rather predictable. From the beginning I could guess how it would end up. Maybe there would be some people finding it unpredictable and surprising too. So it's really up to the viewers. Haha. I think I've watched too many dramas already >< 

With such a story line, I'm not even surprised that it was a tear jerker. I think I've never cried so much watching any other drama. In my defense, most dramas are sad only at certain parts and they're usually a pretty small percentage of the whole drama. So with the nature and story line of this drama... And with the convincing acting of the actors... You'll probably need a tissue box!

The ending. 

I actually liked the ending. Of course, I'm a sucker for happy endings. But then again, there are happy endings that suck too. I really liked the last two episodes though it was predictable, it was very sweet at the same time. I liked how they ended the dramatic aspect of the drama earlier on so that there was enough time to develop the ending. It didn't give the feeling of a slipshod or rushed ending so I thought that was something they did well.

On the whole, I managed to finish watching the drama although it was really totally not my kind of drama. I prefer romance and comedy over romance and melodrama. Anyhow, don't you think Lee Sangyoon is like totally handsome? So tall, such a nice smile and dimples!! Teeheeeee.

Till the next drama review! Do click follow for more drama reviews! 



No comments:

Post a Comment