Sunday, 12 October 2014

Jukebox #14 Round 1 ♥

Weekend. Shuffle. Play.
It's been a few weeks since I wrote a song recommendation post! I've decided to change the title for these song recommendation posts! *applause* It was previously titled 토요일 Tunes and now it's titled Jukebox.

Jukebox posts will usually be up either on Saturday or Sunday! So do keep a lookout!

This week's song we have Dalmatian's Round 1.



I guess most people wouldn't have heard of Dalmatian or even know about them. They've been out of the scene for quite some time. I'll write a little about that later on. Let's talk about this song first!

Round 1 is Dalmatian's debut song. The lyrics speak about, well, the group's journey to their debut. It's quite a personalised song and I feel it's meaningful to each of the members. My favourite part of the song would be the part where they sing so sweetly, "We've come so far to be a star..."

I've honestly forgotten how I loved watching them and listening to their song. They don't have many though, sadly.

I found out about Dalmatian when they were promoting their second song, 그 남자는 반대 (That man opposed). I think it's their second album, correct me if I'm wrong >< But I really liked that song and Round 1. The songs that came after that didn't really catch my attention other than maybe Lover Cop though I do have them in my iTunes library.

Their most recent album, they changed their name from Dalmation to DMTN. Following that, there's not really much about them anymore. Especially since after Daniel's lawsuit. Have they disbanded? I don't really know.

Recently, I think Dari released a solo album or single. Other than that, I don't really know what's up with the rest of the group. I know Daniel's back in USA after he served his sentence. Dayday is still producing music. The rest, I hope they're fine!

I remember listening to 그 남자는 반대 and Round 1 with Mich during lectures and even blasting it over and over again when we stay up almost the whole night working on our FYP presentation. I thought they were a pretty inspirational group since they were all of different ages and different working experiences but they came together to well, chase their dreams :)

So that's all for this week's song recommendation. Though pretty delayed, I hope it was a enjoyable read.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment