So basically. I started watching this program mainly because Chanyeol was appearing in it. The concept actually made me upset at first. I mean why would Chanyeol have to stay with girls, you know? #fangirlproblems. Hahaha. No only that, it was going around on twitter that dating between the roommates were encouraged. Can you imagine the horror!
But anyhow, I ended up watching the show anyway.
What I liked.
I think what got me following the program was the friendships and the bonds formed between the roommates. I don't know like how much of what they said on the show was real and how much was scripted but I do believe that singers and actors are really lonely people. I mean they're always constantly busy with their schedules and whatever that they don't see their family and friends. And most of them faced difficult periods in their lives and were even in a slump period. It could be because they were lonely and thus didn't receive enough support but ultimately they felt the support of their roommates through this program. I thought it was sweet how they just bonded and became close. I'd like to think they genuinely cared for each other. Just like a family.
One of the first thing that caught my attention was the OST or music for the show. I thought it was pretty unique and sets the mood quite nicely. I like the opening song or title track of the show. It was specially written for the show and it's like a cute, bubbly song!
And of course, I really love the house! I think since they built the house purposefully for the show, they couldn't simply cancel the show despite it's low ratings. I think the concept for the program is actually pretty good. But maybe it was competing with other even more popular shows so people didn't tune in as much. Anyhow, the house is like probably quite huge! I like how they had the speaker system throughout the house though if I'm not wrong, they only used it once or twice in the early few episodes. The moving camera was pretty cool too.
What needed improvement.
The editing. I've seen many people talk about this before. The editing for this show really sucks. I mean shouldn't there be like a timeline to these kind of shows? But instead it was all over the place. For some episodes it was even confusing. I think it would have been clearer if they had a popup of the date or day or something. To help orientate viewers of the flow of events. I think maybe because they filmed in advanced that's why it was like all over the place.
I think that the storyline needs to be improved so that more people will tune in. I mean it's great the whole family and friendship concept but there were some episodes I chose to skip because it was just very slow moving and boring. I don't really have any suggestions how to make it more interesting either. Just that I noticed because of the concept of the show, we mostly see the same few members. Mostly those members that don't really have schedules. I don't know how it is for the second season but maybe they would have the roommates on the show more often.
Overall thoughts.
Surprisingly, throughout the whole first season, they didn't really emphasise on the whole dating rule. At first like I thought they would focus more on it since Bom and Minwoo did the whole pretend dating scam thing to trick the members. I thought that there would be at least one couple forming. Honestly, I thought that Gayeon and Minwoo were very cute together and they would end up together. I mean like the way she spoke to him and looked at him that one episode when he was upset. And he helped her with her passport at the airport. She even went with the guys to Japan! Plus he cried while watching her match. Hehehe. I totally wouldn't be surprised if they're together in real life already.
I thought that it was quite sad when the first season came to an end. Actually I was already feeling sad when the members slowly announced their departure. I was like thinking, "what's there left for me to watch?". So eventually I stopped watching after the last episode of season one. I didn't continue with season two. But of course, if season two is any different, do let me know and I might just check it out.
On the whole, I really liked the whole family and friendship concept. It was like helping lonely people make friends and find their support group. It would be good if they remained friends after they leave the show.

No comments:
Post a Comment