Monday, 11 August 2014

Sneakers ♥

A shoe can lift you up, literally. It can make you feel taller, stronger, like you're taking longer strides. It can make you run faster or walk slower, more sexily, as sexily as Marilyn. It can cover all kinds of ground. In the right shoe, you already feel like you're miles ahead. —ALDO

My sneakers.

Been wanting to do a post about my sneakers since I got them last year but I haven't had a clue what to write about. Now, finally I've some photos of me in them and maybe even an interesting story to tell!


My sneakers and I.

I got them last year during my summer immersion trip to Boston. Oh how I miss Boston. It was a total steal! I got them for 27USD at Wrentham Premier Outlet. Yes, a totally brand new pair of high cut Converse sneakers! ^^

Not only that, it's a magical pair of sneakers.

TA-DA!

It's a pair of transformers! Hehehe.

It's black with turquoise markings and when you fold it down, it reveals a turquoise flap and aztec printed base. The tongue can be folded down too but I don't usually do it as I've no idea what to do with the laces, so I just basically still tie it over. Then again, there's no one way to wear a magical pair of shoes like these!

My previous pair of sneakers was a navy blue high cut pair from SPAO, a Korean brand. Although I got it at around ₩19,000 which was about $20 SGD then, it didn't last quite long since the material was kind of flimsy compared to this converse one. It wasn't as easy to slide my feet in and out :/ but thankfully I don't have the same problem with this pair. Though I don't see people wearing high cut sneakers often maybe due to the hot weather or it simply being a hassle, I seem to like it and I think it suits me quite well! Hehe. However, I don't think it goes with certain outfits, though my sister would probably say, "fashion is confidence".


These shoes were made for walking.

I've been to places with these pair of sneakers! I don't wear them on a regular basis especially since my job doesn't require me to wear such shoes (or any shoes at all) but I wore these sneakers to many travel destinations!

I wore them once in Boston (a few days after buying it), then to Thailand and Malaysia! Plus I wore them recently in Korea! I've even worn them to dance class and it served me well! They provided quite a good support for my feet especially since we're usually walking when we're on a holiday.

Back home, wearing sneakers isn't something super common since people would rather wear slippers or sandals for the sake of convenience plus it's kinda stuffy too >< In Korea, wearing sneakers won't make you feel out of place. You would see sneakers everywhere! It doesn't matter what brand or what style of sneakers, it's definitely more common there probably due to the constant walking. Even couples were seen wearing couple sneakers! So if you're planning to visit Korea, I would totally recommend you wearing sneakers or shoes that are similar to sneakers that are suitable for walking! So shop for women sneakers online!

I think I'm looking at my sneakers in a totally new light after what its been through. I'm surprised it's still in a pretty good condition after what it braved when we were in Korea!

Just two days before we left Korea, it got totally soaked in the sudden mad crazy heavy rain! It wouldn't dry so I had to manually dry it with a hairdryer. Unfortunately, it still wouldn't dry when it was time for us to leave. I was worried that something would happen to my sneakers or that it would stink when we got back but thankfully everything is well! Hehe.

On a bus in Korea!

If I had the chance to wear my sneakers more often, I would. And if I were to go travelling again, I would bring my sneakers too! I'm really surprised at the quality of these sneakers! They still look pretty new despite all the times I've worn it. I hope that they'll last a long time! But then again, they just might since~ they're magical ^^


To infinity and beyond.


xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment